1. Change the column link Target to URL (instead of Page in this application)
3. Create two items on the page to store the passing values
$x('P6_TRAVEL_REQ_ID').value = pVal1;
$x('P6_TRAVEL_REQ_LINE_ID').value = pVal2;
doSubmit('SAVE'); -->whatever your button name is
4. Create a process a process to save your data with the When Button Press (your button name)
5. Create a branch and enter 7 in the Page box, Set these items P7_TRAVEL_REQ_ID,P7_TRAVEL_REQ_LINE_ID, and &P6_TRAVEL_REQ_ID.,&P6_TRAVEL_REQ_LINE_ID. in the With these values box
I don't understand some of the steps mentioned
2 Created two page item on tabular form region to store the line level value
4 Asked me to create the process, also one hidden button to be created.- Not able to understand
5 Branching is ok
Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "811598".
When posting a question here, always include the following information:
- Full APEX version
- Full DB/version/edition/host OS
- Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
- Browser(s) and version(s) used
I have a scenario to submit the current page and redirect to another page with the arguments, when i clink on the link which is created using column link in Report Attributes.
I can able to perform the submit action, but redirection is not happening.
Created a column link on non database column by providing
Link Attribute : <a href="#" onclick="doSubmit('SAVE')">#FAM_DET#</a>
Target : Page in this application
Page : 7
Item name : P7_TRAVEL_REQ_ID
item Value: #TRAVEL_REQ_ID#
Item name : P7_TRAVEL_REQ_LINE_ID
item Value: #TRAVEL_REQ_LINE_ID#
Remove the link attribute (what you have used there is not the correct way to use this property anyway).
Change the target page to the same page as the report.
Set the Column Link Request property to BRANCH_TO_PAGE_ACCEPT|SAVE.
Create an On Submit: After Processing (After Computation, Validation, and Processing) branch to page 7, conditional on the SAVE request.
If the SAVE request can be triggered by something other than the report link (e.g. a Save button) then use another request value that will trigger the required page process in the link request and branch condition, e.g. BRANCH_TO_PAGE_ACCEPT|APPLY and APPLY respectively.
Note that there is a bug in BRANCH_TO_PAGE_ACCEPT processing in APEX 4.2.3 and a patchset exception must be installed for this approach to work on this APEX release.