I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
I'm trying to figure out what generally happens after the JTA AbandonTimeout occurs.
Here is the scenario.
1. Transaction Manager sends Commit to Resource Managers 1 and 2.
2. Resource Manager 1 receives and processes commit. Resource Manager 2 doesn't receive commit.
3. Resource Manager 1 returns acknowledgement.
4. Transaction Manager times out and starts recovery process.
5. Resource Manager 2 session times out and is set to in-doubt.
6. Transaction Manager can never reconnect to Resource Manager 2, and the AbandonTimeout is reached.
7. Transaction Manager abandons RM2 transaction.
8. Does Transaction manager return an error for global transaction?
I'm guessing the application the Transaction Manager is working for has its own timeouts which would most likely be a smaller value than the abandon timeout. So the transaction would most likely timeout. I'm just trying to make sure that the Global Transaction is not sent back as complete at a later time if the abandon timeout is reached.