Oddly, it looks like Description was overlooked on the trade specification search. We'll add it in the next major release. If you find any other criteria you feel needs to be there go ahead and submit an enhancement request.
There is a customization you can make to add new criteria to searches. This would be a customization so when you upgrade these changes will need to be re-applied.
1. Request the file: Config/Core/EQTModelCustomExtensions.xml from support for your specific release version. This file is encrypted in your core release. You will need to make changes to this file and replace the encrypted version. In this file you can add additional criteria to any search models.
2. Add the following to the file
<ExtendEntityModel extends="Main Trade Specification">
<TextProperty caption="Description" name="Description" forSearching='Yes' isTranslateable='No' isFreeTextLanguage='Yes' isUnicode='No'>
<TextCriterionOperations startsWith="On" contains="On" />
gsmBaseTradeSpec.pkid = gsmProductIdentification.fkSpecID
gsmProductIdentification.pkid = SpecDescriptionFreeTextProp.fkSpecID
To give you an idea how to add other criteria:
If you go our schema documentation you can grab the SQL query for the data you want to find, like Trade Spec Description
SELECT * FROM gsmBaseTradeSpec t1
INNER JOIN gsmProductIdentification t2 ON t1.pkid = t2.fkSpecID
INNER JOIN SpecDescriptionFreeTextProp t3 ON t2.pkid = t3.fkSpecID
You then convert that to XML like the example above.
1 person found this helpful
Please clarify that I understand this answer correctly. Are these interpretations true?
1. Support will give me the unencrypted file that I can modify.
2. I replace the encrypted file with my modified file and the application will recognize it.
3. Any customizations done me to the provided unencrypted files will need to be maintained for any upgrade because they will be replaced by new encrypted files.
These are the take aways I got from your message and I need to be certain that I understand this correctly before we proceed with our plans. Thank you!
1 person found this helpful
2. Yes, remember to remove the encrypted file because it will always win
3. Yes, however we hope to offer a supported extensible solution in our next major feature release.
2. A very, very good detail to know about.
3. Yes, yes. I caught that. As far as I know we have not budgeted for a major update for this fiscal year and may have to stay with current version until next fiscal year. Also, users want solutions "in the moment" and I may not have the luxury of waiting ....
Kelly, our users want to search on the Storage Requirements that is on the Packaging tab of the TradeS.
Can you advise how I can add that?
Nevermind I figured it using your Description example! HA!!
A basic question came up when we were trying to do something else to another "hidden" label that we can't find. So, I was able to locate EQTSearchablePropertyConfigs based on the documentation. I did not associate anything with your encrypted file Config/Core/EQTModelCustomExtensions.xml in the reply ....
1. Request the file: Config/Core/EQTModelCustomExtensions.xml from support for your specific release version. This file is encrypted in your core release. ...
So the question that is before me is how could we have gotten a clue from our code digging that these two files are associated? Either I'm overlooking something very simple or I need a clue. We are looking for the Action Dashboard tab label and DefaultDashboard tag label because we want to rename Home to Announcements. These are not labels from EP translations and the Home tab is only created when Action Dashboard was install. I suspsect those are controls and their names are in an encypted file, but I would not know which one to ask Support for. Is there a method to making the association? Do I just ask the forum and wait for an answer?
Thank you for your help. --Beckie
If you are looking for the Action Dashboard related labels so that you can modify them, you can find the translations in the commonXLAExtensionCacheItem table.
SELECT c.Name, i.id, i.Value, * FROM commonXLAExtensionCache c inner join commonXLAExtensionCacheItem i on c.pkid = i.fkParent
These tables are typically used in Extensibility areas like Validation and some Solution Packs.
id value HomeTab Home ActionDashboardTab Action Dashboard
In terms of file associations, this differs throughout the application so there isn't a definitive rule. Some config file associations can be found in the DeployedConfig.config file, but others are in encrypted config files or the core code. Otherwise, you can always post a question on this forum .
Good Morning Ron,
Code was not perfect but I got it figured out thanks to your clues. Yep, I'm figuring out that the forum is going to be my "go to place" for these kinds of questions cuz I tried and tried to dig on my own for a couple of hours and only found dead ends. Thanks for the assist .... we scored!