5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 3:03 AM by user503699 RSS

11gR2 RAC IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

user503699 Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am facing an issue which I can't seem to figure out how to approach.

I am using SQL Developer version 3.0.04 (and I won't be able to upgrade so...) in order to connect to couple of 2-node 11gR2 RAC databases using SCAN.

While I can connect successfully to one of them, I am getting IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection while trying to connect to another database.

Both the 11gR2 RAC databases are of same version (11.2.0.3). The strange part (at least to me) is I can connect to both the RAC databases using SQL*Plus with a TNS entry from a different machine.

I should mention that I am getting this issue on a TEST database. However, in a LIVE setup, I can use SQL Developer (version 3.0.04) to connect to the corresponding LIVE database.

I am pretty confidant that the configuration of LIVE and TEST databases is same (except, of course, the host names, scan names etc.)

Can somebody please provide me with any pointers as to where I should start looking for ?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am happy to provide any more/specific details as needed, so feel free to shout...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points