This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 9:59 PM by Rahul-EM RSS

install enterprise manager

user618475 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Dear all,

I am using oracle 9i preivously several years ago and now.

I have installed oracle database xe 11.2 and want to install enterprise manager.

It just flash without showing any screen when I click setup in C:\em12103p1_winx64_disk1\oms\Disk1\install.

Do you know why??

• 1. Re: install enterprise manager
    Aman.... Oracle ACE

user618475 wrote:

Dear all,

I am using oracle 9i preivously several years ago and now.

I have installed oracle database xe 11.2 and want to install enterprise manager.

It just flash without showing any screen when I click setup in C:\em12103p1_winx64_disk1\oms\Disk1\install.

Do you know why??

The option to install EM is going to come within the DBCA. You would need to select that option for letting oracle know to create it. If not , then you would need to install it manually. There is another version which is called Cloud Control(12c) and I believe that's what you are trying to install. And we don't know why the screen is getting disappeared for you, it's not a very detailed error message for us. Did you check that you have logged in as an administrator?

Aman....

• 2. Re: install enterprise manager
    sdhayapule Newbie

If you are trying to install Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3,

You would have downloaded 3 software zip files and unzipped them in the same directory (Example: Software_Location)

Open a command prompt as an administrattor and invoke

<Software_Location>/setup.exe

For more details regarding EM12c R3 install, refer

Installing an Enterprise Manager System

Thanks

• 3. Re: install enterprise manager
    Rahul-EM Journeyer

In case if you are trying to configure the dbcontrol then below metalink doc can be used which provides emca command to create the DBcontrol manually on the available database

How To Drop, Create And Recreate the Database Control (DB Control) Release 10g and 11g (Doc ID 278100.1)

Regards,

Rahul

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points