1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 9:09 AM by Matthew Morris RSS

11gR2 OCP Certification

Hi Everyone!,

I'm currently OCA 11Gr2 certified, and I took the 1Z0-053 (11Gr2 OCP) class in an Oracle Certified institute. However, I must say that the course was really bad, specially because it was the first instructor's class.

As I'm interested on certifying OCP 11GR2, I bought the Bob Bryla book from Oracle Press for OCP exam to study by myself. However, this book is 11G R1 based.

My main concern is: If I study from this book, will I be able to pass the exam, taking in mind that the exam is 11GR2 based?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: 11gR2 OCP Certification
          Matthew Morris

My main concern is: If I study from this book, will I be able to pass the exam, taking in mind that the exam is 11GR2 based?

The exam developers work to ensure there are not conflicts of this type in the exam.  The exam was made against R1 and verified against R2.  When they verify the exam against a later release, what they are really doing is making sure that none of the questions asked are incorrect for the new release.  They will not alter answers to make them correct for a later release and incorrect for an earlier one.

You can also find links to certification safe study material (documentation, articles & videos) at the following URL:

Oracle Certification Prep: Exam details and preparation resources for 1Z0-053