3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 3:52 AM by anand_gp RSS

how to get answers from forum

anand_gp

Hi,

Just wondering, how to get answer from forum.  Some time, for simple question, I don't see anybody replying. 

Is there any other platform we get define answer or is there any support who can connect to our system suggest resolution?

Thanks,

-Anand

• 1. Re: how to get answers from forum
          jariola

Hi,

Well, you understand that people in forum are volunteers and spend their own time to solve others problem for free.

You can not expect instant answer.

I think best way to get answer is define problem clearly and create example to apex.oracle.com.

If you need instant answer then hire consultant to do the job.

Regards,

Jari

• 2. Re: how to get answers from forum
            fac586

anand_gp wrote:

Just wondering, how to get answer from forum.  Some time, for simple question, I don't see anybody replying.

If it's really a simple question, then most people probably think the poster can get the answer from the documentation, or by searching the forum for previous answers.

However, most of the time, it's not that the question actually is simple. It's usually a question that is being asked simplistically, making it nearly impossible to answer (or often even understand). To get an effective response to a question, it needs to be the right question, asked in the right way.

Describe the the problem/requirement (not the attempted solutions) in detail:

Include as much relevant information with the question as possible, starting with:

• APEX version
            • DB version, edition and host OS
            • Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener), server platform, and host OS
            • Browser(s)/version(s) used
            • UI/Theme
            • Templates
            • Region type (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. To get a detailed answer then it's appropriate for the questioner to take on a significant part of the effort by reproducing the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which can then be seen at first hand in a real APEX environment.

• 3. Re: how to get answers from forum
              anand_gp

Thanks Jariola and Fac586.  Appreciate your response.

Regards,

-Anand