This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2013 12:11 PM by Celvin Kattookaran RSS

Reports security error

msladic Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I know that this question was tackled back in 2010/11, but the discussion did not answer my precise problem. And because that discussion was archived in meantime, I am opening this one instead.

Some of my reports have one to two dimensions in User POV (mostly Grant and Scenario), without any limitations (it shows full dimension hierarchy when opened). Of course, and an admin user it all worked fine, but when I tried to run those using secured user id (uid), I got the following error:

"Error executing query: You are trying to open the form, but cannot because one of the required dimensions is not present in the POV. Possible causes may be that you do not have access to at least one member of a required dimension, or the member selection resulted in no members present. Contact your administrator. Dimension(Grant)com.hyperion.planning.NotEnoughAccessException"

After such a crude memory refresh, I did the following:

- set my test uid only to one group which has Read access to all secured dimensions (checked), with no direct provisioning to the uid itself

- checked that the group used is truly assigned to all secured dimensions, especially the one named in the error - it is all there

- refreshed database from Planning, to push any changes I might have done (nothing I deemed relevant, but just in case) to Essbase

- limited my POV to the Level 0 members only (so no top-dimension member)

Didn't work, still geting the same error. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

Milos

• 1. Re: Reports security error
    msladic Newbie

Just to add something I forgot in initial post...

Design considerations:

a) Don't want to use Prompt, as then user needs to rerun report to get the prompt again

b) Can't move dimension from POV to Page, because some columns use mix of members from that dimension (some POV dimensions are actually in columns, but are set as User POV in certain ones)

Hope this will streamline discussion...

Milos

• 2. Re: Reports security error
    Celvin Kattookaran Oracle ACE

A Simple check will be to retrieve the same intersections in Smart View/Add-in and see whether you can see data.

Still think that some member referenced in the report is missing from the security (filter of that user)

Regards

Celvin

• 3. Re: Reports security error
    msladic Newbie

Thanks Calvin, I'll try that tomorrow, if nothing to confirm if what I did security-wise is truly working (applying security and refreshing filters from Planning). I'll post results here once I am done.

Milos

• 4. Re: Reports security error
    msladic Newbie

Just an update. I was not able to limit POV for all users (I guess they have to do so themselves, or security would limit for them) but I found a workaround - enabling POV preview in Preferences->Financial Reporting allowed me to intercept passing top dimension name to the report, and thus preventing the error. I would pick one of the descendants instead, and report works.

• 5. Re: Reports security error
    Celvin Kattookaran Oracle ACE

You can use ManagePOV to assign a POV to all users(select a default member which all users can access)

Regards

Celvin

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points