This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 3:38 PM by 3c296197-d664-411a-91cf-1e4c8e1acee3 RSS

How to start managed servers in parallel?

3c296197-d664-411a-91cf-1e4c8e1acee3 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone,

I am developing a wlst script that would start all managed servers on a particular machine (machine_name should be provided) from the admin server side. The script works fine. However, since there were some domains that have 25+ managed servers for a single machine, it takes some time to start all of them in sequence. Is there a way to trigger a start command for each of the managed servers that I need to start just like what the node manager does when i start them through admin console? Something like triggering parallel processes running on background. Here is my code snippet:

#It focuses only on all managed servers defined within the listen address provided

if (server_listenaddress == managed_server) and (server_name != admin_name):

if (execute_command == "start"):

print 'About to start',server_name,'on',server_listenaddress,'...'

print

try:

start(server_name)

print

state(server_name,'Server')

print

nmDisconnect()

except WLSTException:

print 'Server instance',server_name,'could not be started. Skipping this server..'

print

else:

print 'About to stop',server_name,'on',server_listenaddress,'...'

print

try:

shutdown(server_name,force='true')

print

print

except WLSTException:

print 'Server instance',server_name,'could not be stopped. Skipping this server..'

print

elif (server_name == admin_name):

#It skips to restart the admin server since this script it only to restart managed servers.

print 'Server',server_name,'is the admin server. Skipping...'

print

else:

print 'Managed server',server_name,'is not configured with',managed_server,'listen address. Skipping this server..'

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

regards,

Rustan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points