1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2014 8:59 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Hussein,

I started with just ./rapidwiz as below and still got the error.

-bash-4.2$ ./rapidwiz                          

Rapid Install Wizard is validating your file system......

CMDDIR=/xxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz

Rapid Install Wizard will now launch the Java Interface.....

-bash-4.2$

Thanks

Cherrish

• 16. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Cherrish,

Do you have any other Oracle products installed on this node?

Uploading the log files will be really helpful, so if you can provide those logs we can review it and advise.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 17. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Cherish,

I do see also that you have tried to do a Vision Demo and a Fresh Database install in the same installation, could you please provide more details about this action? Which screen is the correct one?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 18. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

Hi Hussein,

I re-ran ./rapidwiz and instead of virtual hostnames, I gave the servername and it proceeded to pre-install checks.  Thank you for quick turnaround. I will keep you posted.

To Answer your questions, DB server is shared with other databases but the mount point is new.

Apps Server (Linux) is fresh VM.

Thanks

Cherrish

• 19. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

Hi Hussein,

The VIS database is the default one but I am planning to install a fresh PROD database.

Sorry for the confusion. May be it didn't copy well from One-Note.

• 20. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Cherrish wrote:

Hi Hussein,

I re-ran ./rapidwiz and instead of virtual hostnames, I gave the servername and it proceeded to pre-install checks.  Thank you for quick turnaround. I will keep you posted.

To Answer your questions, DB server is shared with other databases but the mount point is new.

Apps Server (Linux) is fresh VM.

Thanks

Cherrish

Great, so I believe the installer is running now.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 21. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Don't be sorry, I just wanted to confirm the database installation type

Regards,

Hussein

• 22. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

Thanks Hussein. After validating the per-checks, It is installing the Database. The rapid install is running from the HP UX version of the stage area.

Once this is done, I will stage the linux x86-64 bit version of the EBS R12.2.2.

I use One Note to store screenshot and I just selected the screenshot to make it to a doc and some how other images got added. You have been very helpful. This is my first adventure with the fresh installation.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 23. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

Ah another bottle neck, I found 12.2 install fails on: Fatal Error: TXK Install Service (Doc ID 1590656.1) and cleared the $ORACLE_HOME folders and re-ran the rapidinstall and got the same error.

Fatal Error: TXK Install Service

oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.ProcessStateException: OUI process failed : Exit=6 See log for details. CMD= /xxxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/TechInstallMedia/database/database/runInstaller -waitForCompletion -igno

reSysPrereqs -force -silent  -responseFile /ww01/app/oracle/db/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/cfgHome/response/DB_HOME/txkDB11gR2_11203.rsp

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.OUIPatchActionNode.processState(OUIPatchActionNode.java:160)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.PatchActionNode.processState(PatchActionNode.java:187)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.PatchNode.processState(PatchNode.java:338)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.PatchesNode.processState(PatchesNode.java:79)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallNode.processState(InstallNode.java:68)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.TXKTopology.traverse(TXKTopology.java:594)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallService.doInvoke(InstallService.java:224)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallService.invoke(InstallService.java:237)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallService.main(InstallService.java:291)

Cannot install Oracle Database Home

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error:   1

RW-50004: Error code received when running external process.  Check log file for details.

Running Database Install Driver for WWWWWW instance

• 24. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Cherrish,

Did you clean oraInventory as well?

Please review the log files for details about the error -- $ORACLE_HOME/temp/$CONTEXT_NAME/logs/oracle.apps.fnd.txk.install*.*

Thanks,

Hussein

• 25. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

I checked the log file and this is what I see :$ORACLE_HOME/temp/$CONTEXT_FILE/logs/oracle.apps.fnd.txk.install0.log

<message>oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.ProcessStateException: OUI process failed : Exit=6 See log for details. CMD= /xxxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/TechInstallMedia/database/database/runInstaller -waitForCompl

etion -ignoreSysPrereqs -force -silent  -responseFile /ww01/app/oracle/db/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/cfgHome/response/DB_HOME/txkDB11gR2_11203.rsp

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.OUIPatchActionNode.processState(OUIPatchActionNode.java:160)

at oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.PatchActionNode.processState(PatchActionNode.java:187)

</message>

</record>

</log>

I just found another note: "Important Notice: Issues with Downloading Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Media Packs (Doc ID 1588372.1)"  - Issue 2: Incompatible Components Must Not Be Downloaded to Stage Area (Readme Updated 9-Oct-2013)....

Only the following components should be downloaded to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 stage directory:

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 Rapid Install Start Here

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 Rapid Install (All Disks and Parts)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for <Platform> Rapid Install Technology One-Off Patches

Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) Generic and Coherence

Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Tier Utilities 11g Patch Set 5 (11.1.1.6.0) for <Platform>

My Stage Area:

EBSInstallMedia

TechInstallMedia

TechPatches

V29672-01_1of2.zip  ------ Oracle SOA Suite 11g Patch Set 5 (11.1.1.6.0) (Part 1 of 2)

V29672-01_2of2.zip  ------ Oracle SOA Suite 11g Patch Set 5 (11.1.1.6.0) (Part 2 of 2)

V29856-01.zip     ---------- Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) Generic and Coherence

V31767-01.zip  ----------- Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Tier Utilities 11g Patch Set 5 (11.1.1.6.0) for HP-UX Itanium

V35215-01_1of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 Rapid Install StartHere (Part 1 of 3)

V35215-01_2of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 Rapid Install StartHere (Part 2 of 3)

V35215-01_3of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 Rapid Install StartHere (Part 3 of 3)

V36346-01.zip  ----------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install AS10.1.2

V36347-01_1of3.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 1 (Part 1 of 3)

V36347-01_2of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 1 (Part 2 of 3)

V36347-01_3of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 1 (Part 3 of 3)

V36348-01_1of3.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 1 of 3)

V36348-01_2of3.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 2 of 3)

V36348-01_3of3.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 3 of 3)

V36349-01.zip  ----------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 3

V36350-01_1of2.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Databases PROD - Disk 1 (Part 1 of 2)

V36350-01_2of2.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Databases PROD - Disk 1 (Part 2 of 2)

V36351-01_1of2.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Databases PROD - Disk 2 (Part 1 of 2)

V36351-01_2of2.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Databases PROD - Disk 2 (Part 2 of 2)

V36352-01.zip ------------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Databases PROD - Disk 3

V36359-01.zip  ----------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Technology one-off Patches

V36360-01_1of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 1 (Part 1 of 3)

V36360-01_2of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 1 (Part 2 of 3)

V36360-01_3of3.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 1 (Part 3 of 3)

V36361-01_1of4.zip  ------ Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 2 (Part 1 of 4)

V36361-01_2of4.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 2 (Part 2 of 4)

V36361-01_3of4.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 2 (Part 3 of 4)

V36361-01_4of4.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 for HP-UX Itanium Rapid Install Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 - Disk 2 (Part 4 of 4)

V39002-01_1of5.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium (Part 1 of 5)

V39002-01_2of5.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium (Part 2 of 5)

V39002-01_3of5.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium (Part 3 of 5)

V39002-01_4of5.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium (Part 4 of 5)

V39002-01_5of5.zip ------- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium (Part 5 of 5)

startCD

Do you think the issue is due to the Oracle SOA Suite 11g Patch Set 5 and Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium ??

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 26. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Hi Cherrish,

Do you think the issue is due to the Oracle SOA Suite 11g Patch Set 5 and Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Update Pack for HP-UX Itanium ??

Yes, this could be related, so you would need to delete/move those files and recreate your stage directory, clean the previous failed installation and run Rapidwiz from scratch.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 27. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

I will remove  EBSInstallMedia, TechInstallMedia, TechPatches, startCD and move V39002-01_*.zip and V29672-01*.zip from Stage, recreate the Stage.

Remove the files from oraInventory, ORACLE_HOME, and run rapidwiz from beginning.

Thanks

Cherrish

• 28. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
    Cherrish Explorer

I have got the same error after rebuilding stage, removing the files, oraInventory and recreating it. I started rapidwiz again:

Error :

Executing command: /xxxxxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/jre/HP_IA/1.6.0//bin/java/bin/java -cp /ww01/app/oracle/db/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/DBInstallHome/fnd/../j11067593_fnd.zip:

/ww01/app/oracle/db/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/DBInstallHome/fnd/java/3rdparty/stdalone/xmlparserv2.zip -Doracle.apps.fnd.txk.env_home=/ww01/app/oracle/db/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/ -Dorac

le.apps.fnd.txk.runtime.config=/ww01/app/oracle/wmsoradb/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/xmldocs/instDB.xml oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallService

oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.ProcessStateException: OUI process failed : Exit=6 See log for details. CMD= /xxxxxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/TechInstallMedia/database/database/runInstaller -waitForCompletion -igno

reSysPrereqs -force -silent  -responseFile /ww01/app/oracle/wmsoradb/11.2.0/temp/WWWWWW_HOSTNAME/cfgHome/response/DB_HOME/txkDB11gR2_11203.rsp

Cannot install Oracle Database Home

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error:   1

RW-50004: Error code received when running external process.  Check log file for details.

Running Database Install Driver for WWWWWW instance

Log files:

cat oracle.apps.fnd.txk.default0.log

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>

<!DOCTYPE log SYSTEM "logger.dtd">

<log>

</log>

--------------------------------------

oracle.apps.fnd.txk.install0.log:

Stderr: Warning: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

</message>

</record>

<record>

<date>2013-12-02T21:09:31</date>

<millis>1386040171836</millis>

<sequence>23</sequence>

<logger>oracle.apps.fnd.txk.install</logger>

<level>SEVERE</level>

<class>oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.InstallService</class>

<method>printError</method>

<thread>10</thread>

<message>oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.ProcessStateException: OUI process failed : Exit=6 See log for details. CMD= /xxxxx/EBS1222_HPUX/StageR122/TechInstallMedia/database/database/runInstaller -waitForCompl

etioat oracle.apps.fnd.txk.config.OUIPatchActionNode.processState(OUIPatchActionNode.java:160)WWWWW_HOSTNAME/cfgHome/response/DB_HOME/txkDB11gR2_11203.rsp

</message>

</record>

</log>

Please note that I have masked the mount point with /xxxx (Stage area), DB mount point (/ww01), DB Name (WWWWWW) and HOSTNAME.

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 29. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)

Cherrish,

Can you please confirm that /etc/oraInst.loc file exists as per (Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1), "Verify oraInst.loc").

Thanks,

Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points