8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 11:22 PM by 994122 RSS

lov doesn't work

Hi all,

I have 2 blocks(blockname,forecastcontrol(non-database)), 5 items are there in two blocks with having lov's , my requirement is that when i select any one of the lov , display all other 4 records , so, write below code for 1st lov(organisation_code) item the all other 4 records are displays it is fine and same code i wrote for another 2nd(fiscal_year) item it not shows records, except first record(organisation_code), what is the problem for this can any one please help me.

Thank you

• 1. Re: lov doesn't work
          VJ001K

Hi,

Pl be clear for the requirement.

• 2. Re: lov doesn't work
            Priyasagi

Sorry I am unable to understand what you are coming to say.

• 3. Re: lov doesn't work

Hi Priyasagi,

Sorry for i am late , My requirement is i have 1 database block 5 items , 1 find button , those items are having lov's and When i select ,any one of these items items and click on find , display all records, can i create non-db block for this?

Thank you

• 4. Re: lov doesn't work
                Priyasagi

Your question seems like enter and execute query.  I assume that you are having one database block with 5 fields.  If you give value for any one of the 5 fields relevant records are to be displayed.  For this there is no button(search) is required just enter query and execute query will do the job. If not then post your program codings inside the find button.

• 5. Re: lov doesn't work

I take & created   lov's query from  d/f tables are for 5 items , i mean i am not create LOV's based on BLOCK Table and having all columns of 5 lov's are having in custom table also, when i select any one of the LOV's and click on FIND Button to display remaining records

Thank you

• 6. Re: lov doesn't work

Hi,

1. I have 1 DB Block having 5 items & create  LOV's for all items .
                    2. 1 find button
                    3. Lov's are created from d/f tables , not based on Block Table
                    4. and also Block table having all columns of all lov's
                    5. I want to display records when i select any one of the 5 lov's , when the i click on the find button

Thank you

• 7. Re: lov doesn't work
                      MVM

Hi,

My understanding of your problem:

In all the 5 items or any of the five items of datablock you can enter data using LOV and based on this data when you click FIND button, you want the block to be queried. i.e. these 5 items act like a search criteria / filter.

If this is the case, then 2 triggers created on your block can help:

KEY-ENTQRY - Here you form a dynamic sql statement with dynamic WHERE conditions and AND conditions based on data in the 5 fileds.

KEY-EXEQRY - This must be called on your FIND button using do_key.

You can also form the dynamic WHERE condition on PRE-QUERY trigger of the block instead of KEY-ENTQRY.

On Find button , then you must do a GO_BLOCK and execute_query.

• 8. Re: lov doesn't work

Hi ,

Thank you . Could you please provide me FIND button code or "KEY-EXEQRY - This must be called on your FIND button using do_key" , How can i call this and  how to write this one please please suggest me

Thank you