3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 8:24 AM by TSharma-Oracle RSS

Nothing on google to resync LOGICAL standby database

misterimran

Dear All,

Either for Linux or Oracle there are thousand of documents available to resyn PHYSICAL standby database BUT not a single document to resync LOGICAL standby database. Why is this?

I have 2 Oracle instance on windows 2003 server one for Logical and one for Physica. Physical database is synced with primary while logical database is out of sync for almost a month.

I just want o refresh data and start the apply process again.

Please help me if you kow any helping doc.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Nothing on google to resync LOGICAL standby database
          EdStevens

misterimran wrote:

Dear All,

Either for Linux or Oracle there are thousand of documents available to resyn PHYSICAL standby database BUT not a single document to resync LOGICAL standby database. Why is this?

I have 2 Oracle instance on windows 2003 server one for Logical and one for Physica. Physical database is synced with primary while logical database is out of sync for almost a month.

I just want o refresh data and start the apply process again.

Please help me if you kow any helping doc.

Thanks,

Why not just rebuild the logical from scratch, just like you did when you initially built it?

• 2. Re: Nothing on google to resync LOGICAL standby database
            KR10822864

if you have a support.oracle.com login you may find MOS notes for your requirement....please check it on .....

Synchronizing tables in a Logical Standby Database (Doc ID 271455.1)

• 3. Re: Nothing on google to resync LOGICAL standby database
              TSharma-Oracle

Do you have all the archives saved from primary? You would need those in order to bring them in sync. First, you should find what is causing the problem? What is the guarantee it won;t happen again after the rebuild? I have seen many cases where rebuilding does not fix the problem unless root cause has been resolved.

This query might tell you where it is stuck

/*** Use to check errors ***/

SET LONG 1000

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT  = 'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS';

SELECT EVENT_TIME, COMMIT_SCN, EVENT, STATUS FROM DBA_LOGSTDBY_EVENTS order by event_time;

You can always create your own document for the future.