This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 1:21 AM by Sylvain Duloutre RSS

Error returned when configure all connection handlers to route requests to the root data view only.

user12058466 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I was following the Configuring Directory Proxy Server as a Connection BasedRouter (Oracle Fusion Middleware Administration Guide for Oracle…,

when I tried to configure all connection handlers to route requests to the root data view only,the server returned below error:

[root@xxx bin]# ./dpconf set-connection-handler-prop -h localhost -p 389 CHDL1 data-view-routing-policy:custom data-view-routing-custom-list:"root data view"

Enter "cn=Proxy Manager" password:

An unknown error occurred whilst contacting the LDAP proxy. Here is the detail "[LDAP: error code 1 - Server Error]"

The "set-connection-handler-prop" operation failed on "localhost:389"

And here is log from the proxy server:

[11/Dec/2013:11:59:50 +0800] - EXCEPTION  - INFO - Server Error

Exception thrown from thread Worker Thread 49 java.lang.NullPointerException com.sun.directory.proxy.server.InternalProcessing.doSearch(InternalProcessing.java:215)/  com.sun.directory.proxy.server.DistributionServer.retrieveSchema(DistributionServer.java:10769)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.server.NetworkGroup.handleConfigUpdate(NetworkGroup.java:1473)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.config.ConfigEntry.notifyChangeListeners(ConfigEntry.java:1903)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.extensions.ConfigFileHandler.modifyConfigEntry(ConfigFileHandler.java:1798)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.server.ModifyOperation.processLocalModify(ModifyOperation.java:769)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.server.ModifyOperation.processOperation(ModifyOperation.java:409)/  com.sun.directory.proxy.server.WorkerThread.runThread(WorkerThread.java:172)/ com.sun.directory.proxy.util.DistributionThread.run(DistributionThread.java:213)/

I googled from ineternet,got no helpful information.

[root@xxx bin]# ./dpadm -V

[dpadm]

dpadm               : 11.1.1.7.0           B2013.0109.2015 ZIP

Copyright (c) 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

[DPS]

Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Sun-Directory-Proxy-Server/11.1.1.7.0 B2013.0109.2016

I am sure the CHDL1 connection handler is configured and enabled.

Could anyone help?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points