3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 4:03 AM by self_perfection RSS

Clone APEX application

self_perfection

Hi, all. How can I clone my application to get another application with the same content, but with different name.

I exported current application to .sql file. Then i tried to import it, but there wasn't any window prompted to type "new app name", so I cancelled import process.

What did I do wrong ? Thanks for any reply,

• 1. Re: Clone APEX application
          Joni Vandenberghe

Hi,

If you are in the same workspace the easiest way is:

- Go to the application builder

- Click create

- Copy of Existing application

- Then select the app you want to copy from, and "copy to" is the new name, and continue the wizard

If you want to do it your way you can do that to, but just make sure you choose a different application ID.

You can change the name later in Shared Components > Defintions.

Regards,

Joni

• 2. Re: Clone APEX application
            fac586

self_perfection wrote:

Hi, all. How can I clone my application to get another application with the same content, but with different name.

I exported current application to .sql file. Then i tried to import it, but there wasn't any window prompted to type "new app name", so I cancelled import process.

You could either:

• Import it with a different application ID and change the name in the application definition post import

OR

• Use the Copy this Application link in the Tasks sidebar on the application home page

OR

• Click Create > on the Application Builder home page, then Copy of existing application on the first page of the wizard

What did I do wrong ?

You didn't specify your APEX version in this question.

• 3. Re: Clone APEX application
              self_perfection
              JoniVandenberghe, Thanks for correct reply. I did that actions , but didn't notice "As a copy of existing application" link.

fac586 , thank you too.