This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 9:04 AM by MWard RSS

SDDM 4.0 - Synchronize Data Dictionary can't detect existing FK's

MWard Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I started a data model and implemented it back in version 3 of SDDM somewhere, then had to put it down for about 9 months and pick it back up.  When I picked it back up, 4.0 RC3 was out, so I used that to work on the old model.  Certain problems appeared, and the one that is currently most frustrating is when I use the "Synchronize Data Dictionary" feature to create DDL to modify the physical table according to model changes I made.

I used to be able to simply right click on the table, choose Synchronize Data Dictionary, and then only the changes I made would be generated.  Now, however, the compare feature seems to not be able to detect certain properties of the physical implemented table it is comparing to.  For instance, there's a table with 3 FK's, and the compare only detects one of them, so it attempts to create the other two from scratch.  This of course fails because the FK's actually exist.  I haven't tried dropping and re-creating the keys in the DB because I don't want to go to that effort for each table.

I can post screenshots if you'd like that illustrate the problem.  Does anyone have some advice?  It seems like this is a bug in the software.  Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points