2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 11:21 PM by Mansfield RSS

May I install Endeca Server 7.6 on an existing weblogic 10.3.6?

Mansfield

I would like to install Endeca Server 7.6 on an existing weblogic 10.3.6 using JDK 1.6U45 based Window 2008 R2 SP1. I notice the install guide, just chose 3 options when install weblogic 10.3.6, while the existing weblogic 10.3.6 in real life was fully installed. So May I install Endeca Server 7.6 on this existing weblogic 10.3.6? Thanks!

• 1. Re: May I install Endeca Server 7.6 on an existing weblogic 10.3.6?
          Jm-Oracle

Hi,

Yes you can install Endeca Server in an existing WebLogic 10.3.6, although it is preferable to dedicate a WebLogic domain to hosting only the Endeca Server application. See this topic about the Endeca Server and WebLogic integration, from the Endeca Server 7.6.0 doc.

In it, it is stated:

"Important: For performance and troubleshooting purposes, it is preferable to dedicate a WebLogic domain to hosting only the Endeca Server application. In this case, the endeca-server root context is used in the URL pointing to any of the WebLogic Server instances hosting the Endeca Server application."

Additionally, the Endeca Server Installation Guide provides instructions for installing the generic version of the Oracle WebLogic 10.3.6. installer package, and not any other WebLogic packages. Specifically, it states:

"This procedure relies on those components that are available in the WebLogic Server installation under the Oracle Restricted Use License. If your site already has access to the fuller version of the WebLogic Server, additional components may be available to you. However, the instructions in this topic do not guarantee that any other components of the WebLogic Server can be used with the Endeca Server. Additionally, certain components, such as the Enterprise Manager, are not discussed in this guide."

Julia

• 2. Re: May I install Endeca Server 7.6 on an existing weblogic 10.3.6?
            Mansfield

Thanks Julia. In the installtion procedure of our customer's weblogic, they chosed all options except samples. So I worried these options, like coherence, JDBC and so on would impact Endeca Server 7.6 runing. Now I see. Thanks your answer.