3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 10:07 PM by Rahul-EM RSS

personalise enterprise manager / cloud control for a specific tuning role

rnig Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Dear forum,

Is it possible to personalize (actually trim down) the cloud control (enterprise manager) menu's & screens

so they only show content fully accessible to a specific role.

Say, e.g. a data modeler, wants to see only recommendations of SQL Autmatic Tuning advisor.

This person must not see "storage", "backup", ...

I managed to create a non privileged user who can log in to cloud control,

from there a specific database can be selected.

Another non privileged user is created for that specific database,

the page with ATA's advice can be visited,

recommendations can't be implemented : this is perfect.

What is distracting is that the full menu's & all bells & whistles are visible : this is distracting --> how can this be hidden.

At random trials show nothing can be applied : this is perfect, but cloud control shouldn't show the menu items leading to non authorized pages in the first place.

Thanks in advance for some hints,

Erwin

• 1. Re: personalise enterprise manager / cloud control for a specific tuning role
    Rahul-EM Journeyer

Hi Erwin,

You can personalize the page layout and data displayed in certain Cloud Control pages, including target home pages such as the Oracle WebLogic Server target home page. The changes you make are persisted for the currently logged in user, enabling you to create customized consoles for monitoring various target types.

Personalization support provided in the current release allows you to:

Customize the layout of regions on a page

Add a region to, or remove a region, from a page

Specify what data should be displayed within each region

Set your own homepage

Note that not all pages in Cloud Control can be personalized. The page edit mode will only be enabled for those pages or page regions that can be modified

Ref

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/personalize.htm#EMADM12010

Oracle® Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Administrator's Guide

12c Release 3 (12.1.0.3)

E24473-26

18 Personalizing Cloud Control

Regards,
    Rahul

• 2. Re: personalise enterprise manager / cloud control for a specific tuning role
    rnig Newbie

Hi Rahul,

I appreciate your input.

The documentation you refer to I read and tried but personalization (I come to realize) is not quite the same as authorization.

My question really boils down to the cloud control GUI reflecting the actions & items the user is able to use, hence see.

Personalization is more about laying out specific pages to only show info one is most interested in first.

I might be mistaken, but as I see it, cloud control has been designed from an almighty administrator perspective.

In that sense it is little useful, confusing even, for a less privileged role.

Regards,

Erwin

• 3. Re: personalise enterprise manager / cloud control for a specific tuning role
    Rahul-EM Journeyer

Hi Erwin,

Yes I agree ,  the exact personalization you are looking is currently not possible but it would be a good idea if you can raise an SR with Oracle Support to check if this can be logged as an Enhancement Request for the Product

Regards,

Rahul

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points