This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 3:39 AM by 992405 RSS

Account mapping from Target account to Source accounting code

992405 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Friends,

We are working on 10 different Opco's/Entities and 5 of them have a single Chart of Accounts. Every time we map the source account codes to Target account codes we do this for every entity.

Can you please help me to find an option through which by updating mapping in one OPCO/Entity I can update automatically all 6 opcos/Entities mapping similarly in all Opcos/Entities

Thanks..

• 1. Re: Account mapping from Target account to Source accounting code
    SH Guru

I'm assuming from what you are saying that you have a seperate location for each entity. If this is the case you can choose one of the locations in the locations metadata to be the parent location which means that all its children will inherit thesingle set of mappings defined for that location, thus you only have to make the mapping changes once and they are picked up by all the associated locations. Note, however, this will be the case for all dimension mappings not just accounts.

• 2. Re: Account mapping from Target account to Source accounting code
    992405 Newbie

Thanks SH, now it is really working fine.

I have changed  Parent Locations to all of the 5 locations to one of the locations.

If I update mapping in anyone of the location, mapping in other locations are also changing.

I have two questions:

1) Will this effect uploading of data?

2) Say for example i have 5 locations A,B,C,D & E and I have chosen A parent location as NONE,  B to A, C to A & D to A.

If I make any changes in any one of the location this will reflect in all other locations but if in the same case I want changes only in C (after selecting A as parent location) and not in any other location can I have any control over it. Its like any changes from A reflect to B,C,D but not from C to A.

Thanks..

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points