1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 10:47 PM by Ivruksha RSS

AP Invoice Register - No accounting shown for Unvalidated Invoices

loftedtag

Is any one else out there noticed that the invoice register APXINWKB has dropped functionality between v11i and 12? In the good old days 11.5 and earlier you could enter an invoice with an accounting distribution, leave it unvalidated and run the report to view the accounting before doing a batch validation. Now in V12 the report does not list any accounting until the invoice is validated. Not much of a register at all then!

I entered an SR to see if we could get this changed and was referred to doc id 735890.1 which says "the report is correct", this give the excuse of using the default accounting on the lines which I understand, but when the distribution is entered at the lowest level (AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL) the register should pick it up. Have logged an enhancement which I will be surprised if it ever gets done. Has anyone else come across this and is not happy with the outcome?

• 1. Re: AP Invoice Register - No accounting shown for Unvalidated Invoices
          Ivruksha

Hi,

My perception is this,

In 11i, Subledger Accounting Feature was not made available to users/Implementers in the front end for making modifications on how accounting entry can be generated ... therefore the values entered in the distribution screen would be the same in the accounting entry level as well ... There is no chance of a mismatch between Transaction code combination and Accounting Code combination .....hence reports picking the code combination from transaction related tables or accounting related tables, does not make any difference ...

In 12, Subledger Accounting feature allows users/Implementers to make modification to the rules, thereby the accounting entry can be generated in an entirely different manner than what is entered in the Invoice distribution screen .... Hence the possibility of mismatch between Transaction Code combination and Accounting code combination exists ....hence reports picking the code combination from transaction related tables would have different values and reports picking the code combination from accounting related tables would have different values, this would eventually mislead the users .... ultimately we are concerned with the account code combination that has been used for accounting purposes, hence the reports in r12 might have been modified to pick values only from accounting related tables ..... resulting in loss of functionality ....

regards,
          Ivruksha