3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 11:38 AM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle RSS

Problem running a form after compiling it from Form Builder

user614227

I have a training laptop that I am using at work to learn Oracle Forms.  The laptop has Windows 7 Operating System.  I have installed a 11g database (locally) on it, and have installed Oracle Developer Suite 10gr2 on it.  I can connect to the database from Form Builder, and I can create and compile a form, but when I try to run the form from Form Builder, I get the Generic Windows error about "your application is not working....windows will try to find a solution".  Any ideas why it is erroring out?

• 1. Re: Problem running a form after compiling it from Form Builder
          HamidHelal

user614227 wrote:

I have a training laptop that I am using at work to learn Oracle Forms.  The laptop has Windows 7 Operating System.  I have installed a 11g database (locally) on it, and have installed Oracle Developer Suite 10gr2 on it.  I can connect to the database from Form Builder, and I can create and compile a form, but when I try to run the form from Form Builder, I get the Generic Windows error about "your application is not working....windows will try to find a solution".  Any ideas why it is erroring out?

Try to run the form builder as compatible mode. Right click on form builder , go properties >> compatibility >> compatibility mode and change to XP service pack 3

If it's not work, then install patch p5983622_10123_WINNT. you can download it from support.oracle.com

Hope it works..

Hamid

• 2. Re: Problem running a form after compiling it from Form Builder
            CraigB

Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g Release 2 (Forms/Reports) defaults to using the Oracle Jinitiator (which has since been discontinued and desupported).  The Oracle Jinitiator is not compatible with Windows 7.  Therefore you need to modify the ODS configuration to use the standard Java Runtime (JRE).  Take a look at this article (Forms: How to Configure Forms Builder to run forms locally) for information on how to modify the configuration.

If you run into stability issues, then you will need to install the patch Hamid references.

Craig...

• 3. Re: Problem running a form after compiling it from Form Builder
              Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Forms/Reports 10 was not originally certified for use on Windows 7.  When the 10.1.2.3 patch was made available, updates to the certification were provided, however installation instructions needed to be updated in order to correctly complete such an installation.  Note that Windows 7-64bit is not supported.  Only Win7-32bit was deemed certified, assuming the following instructions where following.  If you have access to MyOracleSupport, refer to these instructions:

How to Install Developer Suite 10.1.2.3 on Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32bit) (Doc ID 559067.1)