1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2013 3:31 AM by Billy~Verreynne Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Faking OTN forums

Btw, the link to user accounts on OTN when selecting the username handle does not work for my account because I changed my username handle a few month ago, experimenting with white space and other hidden characters in the name. You could for instance add a non-breaking white space character to the end or between your username, which will not be visible but break the link on the fake OTN pages. On Mac you can create a non-breaking space (U+00A0) as opposed to a normal space (U+0020) by pressing Option-Space on the keyboard.

• 16. Re: Faking OTN forums

BluShadow wrote:

I think it's this one...

Google is better for searching OTN forums

Yep, the pattern/sequence of postings match.

A couple of other 'interesting' observations, for what  it's worth . . .

- the message timestamps do not correct for local timezone, the way they do (mostly?!?!?) on the real forum

- on the one message posted by a moderator, it was not able to pull the image for the moderator's 'badge'.

• 17. Re: Faking OTN forums

Hoek wrote:

Nice catch, Blu! How did you find that out?

Never mind, it's in the source as well, I noticed...

Message was edited by: Hoek

Actually, I looked at the date and time of the last post on the thread and then went into the real community to look for the same date/time on the "last activity" column. 

• 18. Re: Faking OTN forums

I wonder what my daughter looks like?

• 19. Re: Faking OTN forums

Here you go...

1 2 Previous Next