3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 9:01 AM by Courtney Llamas-Oracle RSS

Help with EM config error

I just installed EE ( Linux x64) on a fresh linux box and with it I installed EM. When it was done installing I got a message about EM being in non secure mode. I tried running the following command

emctl config emkey -repos -emkeyfile $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/config/emkey.ora \

-force -sysman_pwd

and the message I received was:

Error occurred. Check the logs.

so I checked the secure.log and there is a java error:

The network adapter could not establish the connection

What configuration am I missing?

• 1. Re: Help with EM config error
          Loc Nhan -Oracle

I suggest checking the following:

- Verify that there is a listener running for this database. It should listen on the host, port, SID/SERVICE_NAME found in the value of the oracle.sysman.eml.mntr.emdRepConnectDescriptor parameter in the emoms.properties file, which is located in <db_home>/<host>_<SID>/sysman/config directory.

Sample parameter value:

- Verify that you can connect to the database using sqlplus over Oracle Net on the host, port, SID/SERVICE_NAME set in the above-mentioned parameter.

For example,

sqlplus sysman/<password>@"(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=myhost.xyz.com)(PORT=1528)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dbcontrol)))"

- Loc

• 2. Re: Help with EM config error

Listener is started and I can log into SQL without issue.

• 3. Re: Help with EM config error
              Courtney Llamas-Oracle

Where exactly are you getting this error about EM being "non-secure"?  Can you login to EM?  Are targets uploading?