1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 75 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2014 4:46 PM by Cherrish Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Cherrish,

The uploaded file doesn't contain other log files which are needed here. For example, the following logs are missing:

/wms/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/WMSDEV2_peluwmsdev2/admin/log/12161621/adconfig.log

/wms/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/WMSDEV2_peluwmsdev2/admin/log/12161506/adconfig.log

Please see (Troubleshooting Rapid Install for E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1378579.1)) for the complete list of logs.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 62. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Cherrish,

I have reviewed the uploaded logs, and I couldn't find anything related to the issue you have here. I believe we still need to review other log files (as per the Doc ID referenced in my previous reply).

Thanks,

Hussein

• 64. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
            Cherrish

I have also created SR with oracle SR 3-8268082178.

Thanks

Cherrish

• 65. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
              Cherrish

The issues that I have faced was resolved by patching the rapidwizard to higher version.  The standard RapidWizVersion that comes with stage zip files (V35215) in edelivery.oracle.com is 12.2.0.46. For multi-node install/ split-tier/ mixed OS install, it is recommended to have 12.2.0.47.

How to check your rapidwizard version:

1) Open a VNC or set display for your editor

2) cd /u01/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz

3) ./RapidWizVersion

To upgrade the rapid wizard to 12.2.0.47, apply the patch p17445880_R12_GENERIC.zip. Once you unzip the patch in the Stage directory, you can check the Rapid Wizard version again as mentioned above.

The process to install R12.2.2 is a two step process:

1)  Install R12.2.0

2) Upgrade from R12.2.0 to R12.2.2

This process is same for R12.2.3

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 66. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Yes, the process is the same and if you user startCD47 then you can install 12.2 then upgrade directly to 12.2.3 (which we recommend over 12.2.2).

Thanks,

Hussein

• 67. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                  Cherrish

After the upgrade to R12.2.2, I was able to login and get to forms, But I was unable to see any Menu or switch responsibility or even 'About Oracle Applications'. I raised SR with Oracle and they shared a bulletin document  that clearly mentions that it is must for customers to apply 12.2.3 AD and TXK patches [Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2: Apply Latest AD and TXK Patches (Doc ID 1620757.1)].

So my advice to all friends is to go directly to R12.2.3 from R12.2.0.

I refereed the note  - Applying R12.AD.C.Delta.3 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.3 Release Update Packs (Doc ID 1586217.1) and started with the patch process.  When I did adop phase=prepare, it failed. Below is part of the log file :

========================================================================================================================

Creating the new APPL_TOP Context file from :

/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/comn/clone/context/apps/adxmlctx.tmp

The new APPL_TOP context file has been created :

/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml

Log file located at /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/admin/log/FSCloneApplyAppsTier_02201226.log

contextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml

Enabling EBS_LOGON trigger

Error while executing /ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appltmp/alter_ebs_logon_trigger.sql

Failed to enable EBS_LOGON trigger

*******FATAL ERROR*******

PROGRAM : (/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl)

TIME    : Thu Feb 20 12:26:35 2014

FUNCTION: main::runFSCloneApply [ Level 1 ]

ERRORMSG: /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/adclone.pl did not go through successfully.

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred while executing <perl /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl -contextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -patchcontextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -promptmsg=hide -console=off -mode=create -sessionid=9 -timestamp=20140220_113314 -outdir=/ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/prepare_20140220_113314/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME>

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred while CLONE Patch File System from Run File System using command: <perl /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl -contextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -patchcontextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -promptmsg=hide -console=off -mode=create -sessionid=9 -timestamp=20140220_113314 -outdir=/ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/prepare_20140220_113314/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME>.

[UNEXPECTED]fs_clone phase completed with errors/warnings. Please check logfiles

[UNEXPECTED]Error while runPendingClone sub-routine is called

[ERROR]     Prepare phase completed with errors/warnings. Please check logfiles

Log file: /ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/adop_20140220_113314.log

adop exiting with status = 1 (Fail)

========================================================================================================================

I re-ran the adop phase=prepare

Program : started @ Thu Feb 20 13:08:56 2014

*** Log File = /ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/prepare_20140220_130641/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/TXK_SYNC_create_Thu_Feb_20_13_08_56_2014/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize_Thu_Feb_20_13_08_56_2014.log

Oracle E-Business Suite Online Patching

RUN edition environment variables have been set.

*******FATAL ERROR*******

PROGRAM : (/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl)

TIME : Thu Feb 20 13:09:03 2014

FUNCTION: main::prepareDBTables [ Level 1 ]

ERRORMSG: SQL execution did not go through successfully.

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred while executing <perl /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl -contextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -patchcontextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -promptmsg=hide -console=off -mode=create -sessionid=9 -timestamp=20140220_130641 -outdir=/ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/prepare_20140220_130641/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME>

[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred while CLONE Patch File System from Run File System using command: <perl /ww01/app/oracle/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl -contextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs1/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -patchcontextfile=/ww01/app/oracle/fs2/inst/apps/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME/appl/admin/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME.xml -promptmsg=hide -console=off -mode=create -sessionid=9 -timestamp=20140220_130641 -outdir=/ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/prepare_20140220_130641/$TWO_TASK_APPHOSTNAME>.

[UNEXPECTED]fs_clone phase completed with errors/warnings. Please check logfiles

[UNEXPECTED]Error while runPendingClone sub-routine is called

[ERROR] Prepare phase completed with errors/warnings. Please check logfiles

Log file: /ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9/adop_20140220_130641.log

adop exiting with status = 1 (Fail)

Have anyone observed similar errors ? I am kind of stuck now.

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 68. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Cherrish,

We need to review all log files under "/ww01/app/oracle/fs_ne/EBSapps/log/adop/9" directory.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 69. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                      Cherrish

Hi Hussein,

Uploaded the log files to share

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100483067/wms_app_oracle_fs_ne_EBSapps_logs_adop.zip

From what I saw, all I could find was

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

But I can do "sqlplus" in the same putty session that adop phase=prepare was executed.

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 70. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Cherrish,

Please issue the following and post the output here:

$ ls -l /wms/app/oracle/fs1

$ ls -l /wms/app/oracle/fs2

Thanks,

Hussein

• 71. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                          Cherrish

ls -l /wms/app/oracle/fs1

total 12

drwxr-xr-x  5 applwms dba 4096 Feb 19 15:18 EBSapps

drwxr-x--- 11 applwms dba 4096 Feb 11 16:39 FMW_Home

drwxr-xr-x  3 applwms dba 4096 Jan 20 15:29 inst

ls -l /wms/app/oracle/fs2

total 12

drwxr-xr-x  5 applwms dba 4096 Feb 20 12:26 EBSapps

drwxr-x--- 11 applwms dba 4096 Feb 14 11:49 FMW_Home_obsoleted_2014_02_20_12_26_13

drwxr-xr-x  3 applwms dba 4096 Jan 20 15:30 inst

• 72. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            drwxr-x--- 11 applwms dba 4096 Feb 14 11:49 FMW_Home_obsoleted_2014_02_20_12_26_13

Please rename this directory to "FMW_HOME" and run adop then.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 73. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                              Cherrish

Working with Oracle on service request,  I ran the below statement

adjava -mx512m -nojit oracle.apps.ad.jri.adjcopy -masterArchive $JAVA_TOP -sync -mode APPLY

Then I was able to apply AD.delta3 and TXK delta.3 patches. Now I have the issue that OACore doesn't start up. Working on another SR now. It seems after the upgrade of AD and TXK to R12.2.3, some folders in $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/jtf are missing. It seems Oracle R12.2.2 is very buggy.

Thanks

Cherrish Vaidiyan

• 74. Re: R12.2.2 : Multi-node Install on Linux (App Tier) and Unix (DB Tier)
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                It seems Oracle R12.2.2 is very buggy.

We'd recommend 12.2.3 with the latest AD/TXK Delta 4 patches.

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/ebs_12_2_3_now

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/r12_txk_c_delta_4

Thanks,

Hussein