1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 12:38 PM by Mike Kutz RSS

Page Item Values do not appear

Comet

I created a page in Application Express 4.2.3.00.08.  The page has a process name COMPUTE_STATUS to execute after footer.  The page process has the following pl/sql code:

begin

if :P55_KEY_FOB_ID is null then

:P55_OLD_KEY_FOB_ID_NULL := ‘Y’;

ELSE

:P55_OLD_KEY_FOB_ID_NULL := ‘N’;  

end if;

end;

This variable is used in a condition on a dynamic action which is not working properly.  When I look at the session state the value of P55_OLD_KEY_FOB_ID is set correctly.  However, if I change the status of the variable P55_OLD_KEY_FOB_ID from hidden to text field the value displayed on the page is null (empty) even though the session data indicates that it is set.  If I click edit page 55 and then click run then data shows in P55_OLD_KEY_FOB_ID.  What is causing the lag between the session state data and the actual data on the page.  Is there any way to push the data because I think this is why the variable is not useful in my conditions.  Is there a way to access the va;ue through javascript?

• 1. Re: Page Item Values do not appear
          Mike Kutz

it sounds like APEX is working as intended.

As a Process, the execution location is in the wrong spot for your requirements.

You are updating 'server side' information that is normally sent to the web client during the 'Region' execution part of web page creation.

But, you are updating the 'server side information' AFTER the 'Region' section.  As such, the value is never sent to the web client.

I'm sure you could retrieve it via javascript, but there may be better ways to do it.  (eg an APEX Calculation instead of a Process).

If you want to keep it as a Process, you'll need to move it to the same execution location as the "Automatic Row Fetch" but with a higher Sequence.

That location is usually "On Load - Before/After Header".

If this doesn't answer your question, please set up an example on apex.oracle.com so that others can take a look at it.

Make sure you create a Developer account so that you don't have to give out your email address to the spam-bots.

MK