1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 8:10 PM by Alena

Translation of EDI messages in different formats such as xml/csv/dat

RD008

Hi,

I want to configure EDIFACT in Oracle 11G gateway. So i wanted to know whether

1) Oracle B2B translates the messages into different formats such as xml/csv/dat. i.e., when any message is received by oracle b2b in edi format, it will translate the message into xml/csv/dat format and then send it to backend.

2) And vice-versa i.e, it accepts the message in xml/csv/dat format and translate it to EDI and then send it to back end?

Is there any extra adapters/plugins which will support this setup?

Regards

RD

• 1. Re: Translation of EDI messages in different formats such as xml/csv/dat
          Alena

Hi RD,

Oracle B2B can take xml from back end as input and translate into EDI file, send to Trading Partner for outbound. For inbound, take in EDI file, and translate into xml file, available for backend.
          The xml xsd is defined or generated from EDI document definition, so B2B engine know how to translate back and forth.

At your back end, depends on what technical stack you use, you can convert XML to csv or other format. As long as you have xml and xsd, you have  much flexibility to do what you want.

Hope this helps,

Alena Li

CGI