5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 3:31 PM by Timo Hahn RSS

How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction

Hello,

I have a screen that have three sections:

1. Header

2. First tab that contains rows, lets call it User Details  - only the ability to add records and update existing

3. Second tab that contains rows, lets call it Roles  - ability to create, modify and delete

-- I have a Save and Cancel button

I have an Entity Object that covers the whole page UserDetailsEO and it has its validation methods on the implementation UserDetailsEOImpl.java.

On the second tab when deleting the record, the delete binding method its called and it has a row to commit the transaction. By doing so the validations for the EO are called.

However I want to avoid performing validation at this point. I can delete rows without any validation, I just want to do the validation when clicking Save.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction
          Timo Hahn

try setting the immediate property to true for the delete button.

Timo

• 2. Re: How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction

Timo Hahn: pls check this thread. give some solutions for this

https://community.oracle.com/thread/2619494

• 3. Re: How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction
              Timo Hahn

User, somehow I fail to see the connection between the two questions.

Timo

• 4. Re: How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction

Hello Timo,

Thanks for your answer, the delete action comes from an applicationTable, here is my code:

The deleteImmediate is set to true.

<fnd:applicationsTable tableId="t2" id="AT1"

deleteEnabled="true"

createPatternType="inline"

createImmediate="true"

createText="#{applcoreBundle.ADD_ROW}"

deleteActionListener="#{ParticipantDetailPageBean.invokeConfirmationDelete}"

deleteImmediate="true"

styleClass="AFStretchWidth"

deleteMsg="#{applcoreBundle.DELETE_CONFIRM}"

deletePartialTriggers="_ATp:t2"

duplicateEnabled="false">

The popup does not have buttons itself. Here is the code

<af:popup id="confirmDeletePopup"

binding="#{ParticipantDetailPageBean.deleteYesNoPopup}"

childCreation="deferred">

<af:dialog id="d1" type="okCancel"

dialogListener="#{ParticipantDetailPageBean.handleConfirmDeleteDialog}"

title="#{IcCnSrpTopGenBundle['Header.RoleAssignmentDeleteWarning']}">

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl4">

<af:panelFormLayout id="pfl2">

<f:facet name="footer"/>

<af:activeOutputText value="#{applcoreBundle.DELETE_CONFIRM}"

id="aot1"/>

</af:panelFormLayout>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

</af:dialog>

</af:popup>

• 5. Re: How to avoid Entity Object validations when comiting a DB transaction
                  Timo Hahn

Are you using fusion applications?

In this case you should ask your question in the fusion apps forum. The tag you are using works different from the normal adf tags.

Timo