3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2014 10:52 AM by Michael Peel RSS

Error Loading Record Store Configuration File

user10041651 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I followed the Web Crawler Guide - Configuring Web crawls to write output to a Record Store. The record store was created successfully. Then I ran recordstore-cmd.bat set-configuration -a WebCrawlerOutput -f C:\..\recordstore-configuration.xml, but I got "Failed: Error loading Record Store configuration from C:\..\recordstore-configuration.xml". The recordstore-configuration.xml was exactly the same as the one written in the guide.

Any advices on this error?

Thanks,

TP

• 1. Re: Error Loading Record Store Configuration File
    Michael Peel Journeyer

Is there any more information in the CAS logs (CAS-install\workspace\logs\)?  And are you using the sample application as the starting point, e.g. the one in CAS-install\<version>\sample\webcrawler-to-recordstore\ ?

Michael

• 2. Re: Error Loading Record Store Configuration File
    user10041651 Newbie

Michael,

Thank you for your replying. I did run run-sample which resulted in success. In my original run, I used the recordstore-configuration.xml given in the guide wihch had

<changePropertyNames/>

<changePropertyName>Endeca.Document.Text</changePropertyName>

<changePropertyName>Endeca.Web.Last-Modified</changePropertyName>

</changePropertyNames>

But the sample does not have this one. After I removed the above, my run was successfully.

Do we need the above?

Thank you again!

TP

• 3. Re: Error Loading Record Store Configuration File
    Michael Peel Journeyer

I tried the steps in the Web Crawler guide and it worked.  Is the XML above a direct copy-and-paste?  If so then the XML is malformed ("<changePropertyNames/>"), and that might be it.  If you are wondering what the changePropertyNames entries do, by default (empty <changePropertyNames />) when the crawl runs it will compare all properties on the crawled record against the record in the CAS record store, and create a new generation of the record if any are different.  You can optimise this by adding specific properties to check (in the example above, the last modified date and the content).

HTH

Michael

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points