4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2014 3:57 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

Admin Password Changes 11.1.2.3

Hi,

I'm trying to change the Admin userid default password because of compliance, i can do it from SS directly but need to know what effect does it have on my existing planning applications and reports

I used the same user id to create the DSN for Planning application, used it for Essbase connection

For Report creation i used the same password for creating the connection to the database

Should i be even changing password in all these places after chaning the password in SS?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Admin Password Changes 11.1.2.3
          userx

No, you wont need to, if you just change the password, but if you change the user ID you will have to change it in all of the above places.

• 2. Re: Admin Password Changes 11.1.2.3
            JohnGoodwin

If you have changed the password for the account you used to configure the planning application data source essbase connection then you will need to update the data source with the new password.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 3. Re: Admin Password Changes 11.1.2.3
              userx

John, but the authentication and authorization happens against openLDAP, which stores the password, So if that's being updated at the primary place & also essbase security automatically gets synced in 11.1.2.3

Did I miss something theoretically ?

Correction,-- John thanks for correcting HSS passwords are stored in relational db CSS_USERS

• 4. Re: Admin Password Changes 11.1.2.3
                JohnGoodwin

11.1.2.3 and OpenLdap ? OpenLdap was dropped after 11.1.1.x

When you update a password in shared services it does not update the password in the planning system tables for the essbase password, whether it still uses the password field in 11.1.2.3 is something that needs to be verified, it used to be that the password had to also be updated in the planning data source connection.

update : I just checked on 11.1.2.3 and you still need to update the planning application data source connection, if you don't once you restart planning and access a form you will get the "unable to obtain connection to Hyperion Essbase..." message, why it still needs a password for the essbase connection I can't understand as it should just contact shared services.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/