3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2014 4:48 AM by Michael.J Wonder RSS

FDM Assign import format to different locations

Michael.J Wonder Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Dear All,

I have a request that we need assign a import format to 500+ FDM locations, is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: FDM Assign import format to different locations
    Michael.J Wonder Newbie

Hello,

I did not get any response for this question, the detail for this item is as following.

We have created a FDM import group, we also create a import format under this import group, we already assign the import group to one FDM location.

Now we want to assign this import group to other FDM locations(more than 500), how can we do that easily ? Is there a way to batch load the import group to the FDM locations ?

Waiting for your suggestion,

Thank you so much

• 2. Re: FDM Assign import format to different locations
    JeffJon Guru

There is not a way to do this through the FDM Web Interface.

You would be able to do this via the backend database tables as a customization however.

In the table tpovpartition there is the field PartImpGroup.  You can update this field for each location via the table.  This would be the import group name that you want to assign.

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: FDM Assign import format to different locations
    Michael.J Wonder Newbie

Hello Jeff,

This task is urgent so i found the table by doing some research, I went through the FDM schema tables all the way and finally i found the table tpovpartion.

And in FDM API i only found the field settings about tables, but there is no table introduction.

Is there a doc which describe FDM schema tables ?

Anyway, thank you for your help!!!

Thanks,

Michael

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points