1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 11:44 AM by VCP Functional RSS

Launch ASCP plan run very long time

yochin91 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I launched constrained ASCP plan and it took very long time. I launch ASCP plan in friday and it still not finished yet till monday, Memory Based Shapshot & Snapshot Delete Worker are still running, Loader Worker With Direct Load Option is still in pending phase. MSC: Share Plan Partitions has been set to Yes.

When I run query below :

select table_name,

partition_name

from   all_tab_partitions

where  table_name like 'MSC_NET_RES_INST%'

OR     table_name like 'MSC_SYSTEM_ITEMS%'

order by substr(partition_name,instr(partition_name,'_',-1,1)+1);

The results are:

MSC_SYSTEM_ITEMSSYSTEM_ITEMS_0
MSC_NET_RES_INST_AVAILNET_RES_INST_AVAIL_0
MSC_SYSTEM_ITEMSSYSTEM_ITEMS_1
MSC_SYSTEM_ITEMSSYSTEM_ITEMS__21
MSC_NET_RES_INST_AVAILNET_RES_INST_AVAIL__21
MSC_NET_RES_INST_AVAILNET_RES_INST_AVAIL_999999
MSC_SYSTEM_ITEMSSYSTEM_ITEMS_999999

Please help me how to increase the performance when launching the plan. Is change MSC: Share Plan Partitions to No the only way to increase the performance in running plan?

Thanks & Regards,

Yolanda

• 1. Re: Launch ASCP plan run very long time
    VCP Functional Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Yolanda,

a) So does it means that plan was working fine earlier but you are facing this issue recently.. ? If so then what you have changed at server side or have you applied any recent patches.. ?

b) If you have not completed plan for single time,

I will suggest that run data collection in complete refresh mode for one organization which is having relatively small data. Further, you can modify plan options in order to reduce planning calculation load like

- disable pegging

- remove any demand schedule / supply schedule / global forecast etc

- enable only single organization which having relatively small demand and supply picture

- disable forecast spread

Once one plan run will be completed, then expand your collection scope to other organizations and also enabling above mentioned setting.

There are lots of points need to consider for performance issue like server configuration, hardware configuration,  num of demands etc. So you can raise SR in parallel while working on above points.

Thanks,

D

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points