9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2014 9:14 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12

KFC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

I can't relink my application file on EBS R12, relink failed with following error in log file:

/usr/bin/sh: line 7: ar: command not found

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier en entrée

'afcore.obj'

Can not open FNDCOREST.lib

gnumake: *** [D:/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/def/FNDCORE.def]

Error 1

Please anyone could give me an idea?

• 1. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.

/usr/bin/sh: line 7: ar: command not found

What is the version of gnumake you have installed on this server?

Please verify that "Download and Install the Cygwin Software" step in (Using Cygwin to Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 on Windows (Doc ID 414992.1)) was implemented successfully and you have all required packages in place.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12
    KFC Newbie

Hi hussein,

My application is Oracle EBS 12.1.1 the OS is microsoft windows server 2008.

Regards

• 3. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12

KFC wrote:

Hi hussein,

My application is Oracle EBS 12.1.1 the OS is microsoft windows server 2008.

Regards

Thanks.

What about the following?

What is the version of gnumake you have installed on this server?

Please verify that "Download and Install the Cygwin Software" step in (Using Cygwin to Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 on Windows (Doc ID 414992.1)) was implemented successfully and you have all required packages in place.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12
    KFC Newbie

Hi hussein,

I folow all the steps you mentionned above.

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>gnumake --version

GNU Make 3.81

Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.

There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A

PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for Windows32

There is the version of gnumake but i download the patch 5897842 and copy the make.exe file to cygwin bin and rename it to gnumake.exe

• 5. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12

Please post the output of the following:

1. echo %PATH%

2. echo $MSVCPP

3. which gnumake

4. which awk

5. which grep

6. which cl

7. which ar

Thanks,

Hussein

• 6. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12
    KFC Newbie

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>echo %PATH%

D:\VS2008\Common7\IDE;D:\VS2008\VC\BIN;D:\VS2008\Common7\Tools;C:\Windows\Micros

oft.NET\Framework\v3.5;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;D:\VS2008\V

C\VCPackages;C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Windows\v6.0A\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\a

ppl\au\12.0.0\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\fnd\12.0.0\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\a

pps\apps_st\appl\ad\12.0.0\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\jdk\jr

e\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\

;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\comn\util\unzip\unzip;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.

1.3\appsutil\jdk\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.2\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\te

ch_st\10.1.3\appsutil\jdk\bin;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\jdk\jre

\bin;D:\CYGWIN\bin;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;D:\oracle\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.

1.3\ant\bin

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which gnumake

/usr/bin/gnumake

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which awk

/usr/bin/awk

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which grep

/usr/bin/grep

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which cl

/cygdrive/d/VS2008/VC/BIN/cl

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which ar

which: no ar in (/cygdrive/d/VS2008/Common7/IDE:/cygdrive/d/VS2008/VC/BIN:/cygdr

ive/d/VS2008/Common7/Tools:/cygdrive/c/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v3.5:/cyg

drive/c/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727:/cygdrive/d/VS2008/VC/VCPacka

ges:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/MICROS~2/Windows/v6.0A/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/

apps_st/appl/au/12.0.0/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/b

in:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS

/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10

.1.3/perl/5.8.3/bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st

/comn/util/unzip/unzip:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/b

in:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/te

ch_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsuti

l/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdriv

e/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin)

• 7. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12

D:\oracle\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl>which ar

which: no ar in (/cygdrive/d/VS2008/Common7/IDE:/cygdrive/d/VS2008/VC/BIN:/cygdr

ive/d/VS2008/Common7/Tools:/cygdrive/c/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v3.5:/cyg

drive/c/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727:/cygdrive/d/VS2008/VC/VCPacka

ges:/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/MICROS~2/Windows/v6.0A/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/

apps_st/appl/au/12.0.0/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/b

in:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS

/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10

.1.3/perl/5.8.3/bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st

/comn/util/unzip/unzip:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/b

in:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/te

ch_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/cygdrive/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsuti

l/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdriv

e/d/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin)

The "ar" executable is missing and you will need to download it as (Doc ID 414992.1) referenced above -- Please make sure you follow all steps under "Download and Install the Cygwin Software" section.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 8. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12
    KFC Newbie

Hi hussein,

Thanks for your reply

I follow instruction in the doc above but i get the same message for "which ar"

Is there any other thing that I can do?

Regards

• 9. Re: Relink fail on Oracle EBS R12

The only other thing I can think of is copying "ar" from any other server.

Thanks,

Hussein