3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 2:35 PM by user8720633 RSS

Unable to connect to Gateway Name Server while config Siebel Server

Cheney Shue Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I installed Siebel 8.1.1.11.0 on RHEL 32-bit. I did configuration as following.

• Install 32-bit Oracle Client and config TNS.
  • Install and config Gateway and Enterprise.
  • Install Siebel Database.
  • Use stop_ns, start_ns and list_ns to restart and ensure Gateway running.
  • Run CreateSiebSrvrEnvScript to generate Env file.
  • Modify /siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/siebsrvr/siebenv.sh. Change ODBCINI=/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr/sys/.odbc.ini.
  • Source siebenv.sh.
  • export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/lib
  • Config Siebel Server. While enter info of Gateway, enter SADMIN as account, rhel (configed in /etc/sysconfig) as host name and port = 2320. Then it prompt "Unable to connect to the Siebel Gateway Name Server".

Any step missing to config it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to connect to Gateway Name Server while config Siebel Server
    user8720633 Newbie

Hello good Sr.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem in a 8.1.1.11.0 installation.

I know it's a longshot, but I really hope you help me.

Cheers!

• 2. Re: Unable to connect to Gateway Name Server while config Siebel Server
    user8720633 Newbie

I did some testing and managed to run the Siebel Server configuration tool agains a 8.1.1.9 Gateway Name Server and it totally worked, so I'm guessing the problem is there. My only finding so far (I haven't had enough time to do some more testing) is in this first lines of the .odbc.ini file in the gtwysrvr folder:

[ODBC]

TraceDll=/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr/lib/odbctrac.so

TraceFile=odbctrace.out

Trace=0

InstallDir=/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr

The first library, odbctrac.so, is missing in the 8.1.1.11 installation. Maybe that's why the connection against the Gateway is halted.

Cheers!

• 3. Re: Unable to connect to Gateway Name Server while config Siebel Server
    user8720633 Newbie

The siebenv.sh file located in the Gateway directory from a 8.1.1.11 installation doesn't have the enviromentt variable SIEBEL_UNIXUNICODE_DB, which i do have in the siebenv.sh from my 8.1.1.0 installation. Add the following line to the siebenv.sh located in the gateway directory (/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr in my installation):

SIEBEL_UNIXUNICODE_DB=ORACLE; export SIEBEL_UNIXUNICODE_DB

Be sure that this variable is set BEFORE you start the gateway and everything should work.

PS- You also need the Oracle enviroment varibles set before you start the gateway. ORACLE_HOME should be pointing to your 32bit client.

Cheers!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points