0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2006 1:12 PM by 487714 RSS

Where can I find MMC for Oracle MTS?

According to 'Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server Developer's Guide', the mmc for Oracle MTS can be invoked by clicking (Start > Programs > Oracle - HOME_NAME > Application Development > Oracle Manager for Microsoft Transaction Server) Heh heh, there is even a picture of the mmc in the documentation.

I've checked three computers that have Oracle Client (Adminstrator configs) installed. The mmc doesn't appear to be installed on either of the computers.

However, the OracleMTSRecoveryService was created when the Oracle Client was installed but the service needs to be configured. If the mmc was not installed then how do I manually configure the registery to point OracleMTSRecoveryService to a specific instance on another server. Ie. Setup OracleMTSRecovery Service for FOO_BAR. The FOO_BAR alias in tnsnames.ora is instance FOO on server BAR using port 1521.

The script 'oramtsadmin.sql' has been run on FOO_BAR.

LOL - Should I be concerned that Installation chapter of the 'Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server Developer's Guide' talks more about deleting OracleMTSRecoverService than installing it?