3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 8:35 AM by Shivendra Narain Nirala RSS

DG Parameters

Hi,

Db : 11.2

please anyone clear my doubt.

Db : 11.2

While configuring Physical standby,We set the parameter Log_Archvie_Dest_2 & Log_archive_dest_State_2=enable in primary.
      The parameter Log_archive_dest_State_2 enables to  send archive log to sepcified location or remote location.Is it right?
      If it's, why do i need to set Log_Archive_config again?

Do i need to set Fal_client on both primary & standby?

Br,

Raj

• 1. Re: DG Parameters
          jjk

*While configuring Physical standby,We set the parameter Log_Archvie_Dest_2 & Log_archive_dest_State_2=enable in primary.*

--> You must set any of the log_archive_dest_n & log_archive_dest_state_n parameters. These parameters are the ones that cause your redo to be shipped to that destination, which is a data guard

*Do i need to set Log_Archive_config?If yes,Why i need to set?*

--> Yes you need to specify this parameter to inform oracle of the all the unique databases in the data guard config

*Do i need to set Fal_client on both primary & standby?*

--> You need to set this on primary ( I guess it depreciated from 112) with the TNS entries for the standby server

• 2. Re: DG Parameters
            mseberg

Hello;

In oracle 11 it default to 'SEND, RECEIVE, NODG_CONFIG'.

So you don't really need to set it.

Best Regards

mseberg

• 3. Re: DG Parameters
              Shivendra Narain Nirala

Hi

For your reference , i am sharing the one example from init file . log_archive_dest_1 tells  to use the DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST as the location to archive to, that it should be used to archive all logfiles in any (all) roles, and that this is for the primary database . The second says that if it is the primary database, it should transport online logfiles using the service name art02 and that the target is the database art02.Regarding third and fourth says that they should be enabled .

*.log_archive_dest_1='location=use_db_recovery_file_dest valid_for=(all_logfiles, all_roles) db_unique_name=ART01'

*.log_archive_dest_2='service=art02 async valid_for=(online_logfile,primary_role) db_unique_name=art02'

*.log_archive_dest_state_1='ENABLE'

*.log_archive_dest_state_2='ENABLE'

FAL_CLIENT parameter is deprecated in 11g.

Regards

Shivendra Narain Nirala