Yes, that is was I was referring to when I mentioned a backup and restore. If that will indeed fix it I will try it.
I followed those directions and when I try to recover the database I get this error:
RMAN-06094: datafile 1 must be restored.
So I went back to the primary backed up datafile 1 and restored it on the standby. Now I run the recover database command again and it says datafile 2 must be restored!
Something doesn't seem right here. Is it not using the incremental backup files I sent over?
Looks like only one archive log missing at standby.
Thread# Low_Sequence# High_Sequence#
1 24563 24563
Now copy the returned Sequences 24563 to the Standby Database manually to the desired Location. If the missing are not yet registered on the Standby Database, you have to register them before the Log Apply Services are able to read those Logfiles. You can register ArchiveLogs using
SQL> alter database register logfile ‘<File-Specification>’;
Data Guard Gap Detection and Resolution Possibilities (Doc ID 1537316.1)
The issue ended up being with the control file. I followed many blog posts about how to roll forward the standby database and they all said to restore the control file before recovering the database. I followed this document: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28294/rman.htm#CIHIAADC and it worked as expected. The old control file was had 6 datafiles that were in a different location than the others. The new control file I created from the primary had all the datafiles in one place. After correcting the control file to point to the correct datafile locations everything started working again.
Yes,you need to restore the backup of controlfile from primary to standby and catalog all datafiles and switch datafile to copy.
Steps to perform for Rolling forward a standby database using RMAN Incremental Backup. (Doc ID 836986.1) .