4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 12:25 PM by Francisco Amores RSS

Sample import script in FDMEE

Hello All,

I am new to FDMEE. All I am trying to do is read from a .csv file and then concatenate a couple of fields to get Account. I have used FDM a lot but I am struggling with FDMEE. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

Sandeep

• 1. Re: Sample import script in FDMEE
          SH

In your FDMEE import format this is supported by creating multiple Dimension Rows (for the Target Dimension) for each of the fields you wish to concatenate together. FDMEE will then do the concatenation for you. It is the same functionality present in classic FDM

• 2. Re: Sample import script in FDMEE
            Francisco Amores

Hi,

concatenating fields work in the same way as FDM. You don't really need a script for that.

For example if you have your file as:

Field1;Field2....

and your source account is Field1_Field2, then you can configure your import format to have three lines for Account dimension:

Line 1 - Field number = 1

Line 2 - Field number = 1 and Expression is _

Line 3 - Field number = 2

You can also use import scripts if you consider. In FDMEE, import scripts must be implemented in Jython. You have few examples in the admin guide.

Hope that helps

akafdmee.blogspot.com

• 3. Re: Sample import script in FDMEE

Thank you. I created separate line items in the import format and it worked. One more question: do you have an example of an import integration script? I need to connect to SQL server database and pull the data directly into FDMEE.

• 4. Re: Sample import script in FDMEE
                Francisco Amores

Integration scripts are different than Classic FDM.

You can use Open Interface adapter as source. You will have to move data from your SQL database into the Open Interface table. There is an example on Page 263 to load data from database into OI table.

Hope that clarifies

Please, mark this question as Correct/Answered so anyone can follow it.

Thanks