I've done some testing with the Beta release and this performs very well. I've done the test with a model which has over more then 1000 entities en more then 300 subviews. (imported from Oracle Designer Repository).
I'm trying to work with the latest version, but performance is really bad. Okay, the opening of the model takes some time, but clicking on a node in the object navigator takes more then 5 minutes. I see the CPU of my machine is above 50%. The java machine used is 1.7.
Anyone with simular experience ?
Did you try to give more memory to Data Modeler?
Edit file C:\Users\UNAME\AppData\Roaming\sqldeveloper\22.214.171.124.0\product.conf
Find line AddVMOption -Xmx... and modify it to:
AddVMOption -Xmx4000M or to value that works for you.
Check also this - Re: Memory Problem with Big Model
I've changed the setting as following:
My machine has 3.5 Gb of memory.
While opening the model, I opened the task manager and saw that cpu usage was 50% and max memory was 755 Mb. Whne performing some actions the memory raises to almost 1Gb. So certainly, your response helps.
Once the model was opened, the cpu usage dropped. Clicking on a node was this slow. Then I closed the navigator window and performance is now okay. It seems like, when first opening the model, the navigator shows the diagram with all entities in it.
To avoid this, I've turned of the "visible" property on the "Logical Model" node.
Thanks for your help.