9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 3:25 AM by Vinit RSS

WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25

Vinit Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I have oracle forms 11.1.2.1.0 on Windows 2008R2 as app server and client machine is Windows 7 with jre1.7.25.

My forms have webutil_host and client_host but they are not running on 1.7.25.

I have applied p17448420_111210_Generic patch for webutil on java 1.7.25.

Now as per Doc ID 1547133.1 i have created WebUtilNextGenHost=true in formsweb.cfg, and i applied patch p16686443_111210_Generic but still webutil_host is not working?

So do i need to apply only one patch and if yes then which or is there any other solution for this?

Please give me solution?

Vinit.

• 1. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator

There are likely several problems with what you are saying.

First, assuming your issue was related to bug 17448420 (patch) then the patch alone will not fix your problem.  Nor will simply adding WebUtilNextGenHost to formsweb.cfg.  I recommend reading MOS Note 1568659.1 for more details.  In order for this patch to be fully effective, you must apply the patch, add the new parameter to the appropriate template html file (refer to the doc I mention), add the parameter to formsweb.cfg and set its value, then review your code for possible changes needed to comply with this security change.

Second, you cannot apply both 16686443 and 17448420.  One will overwrite the other.  You have two options, create a Service Request with Support and ask that both fixes be merged.  Or, and I recommend this one, you should apply the latest full patch which is 11.1.2.2

Finally, assuming the issue noted in bug 16686443 is what you are experiencing, the only way anyone will be able to assist is if we understand what your HOST code looks like.  Also, you say "it is not working".  What does this mean?  Is there an error (what is the error) or does nothing happen??  Please explain.

• 2. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    Vinit Newbie

Hello

i have written WEBUTIL_HOST.NONBLOCKING('cmd.exe /c DIR /b /a:-d /o:n c:\abc > y:\import.txt');

but this is not generating import.txt on y drive but if i execute same on command prompt it is generating file.

All paths are correctly written.

As you say "add the new parameter to the appropriate template html file", can you suggest how to add this parameter in html file.

Vinit

• 3. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    tony.g Journeyer

The process owner that the webutil command is running under does not have privilege to write to the Y drive.  When you run the command line manually then you do have access to the Y drive.

That's why you are getting the problem.

• 4. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    Vinit Newbie

The same is working in 10g forms but in 11g it fails. i am using jre1.7.0_25 (on windows 2008 R2) which has issue while executing host command as per MOS Note 1568659.1.

• 5. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    tony.g Journeyer

So what you are actually saying is that no host commands are working, rather than the specific one you mention?

• 6. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25

In order to reference any applet parameter in formsweb.cfg, you must first declare it in the Forms template html file that you are using.  So, for example, if you are using WebUtil it is likely you are using webutiljpi.htm.  If we also assume you are using Internet Explorer, open webutiljpi.htm in a text editor and add the following line.  It should be inserted with the other similar entries.

<PARAM name="WebUtilNextGenHost" value="%WebUtilNextGenHost%">

Once you have added this, you can now assign it a value from formsweb.cfg.  For example:

WebUtilNextGenHost=TRUE

• 7. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    Vinit Newbie

when i pass below window command in client_host or webutil_host.host it is not working other commands like webutil_clientinfo etc are working.

Client_host('cmd /c "dir c:\ > y:\abc.txt"');

webutil_host.host('cmd /c "dir c:\ > y:\abc.txt"'),

but when i pass Client_host('cmd') or Client_host('cmd /c notepad') it will work problem is with only host commands. i think some parameter sequence in host command is changed after 1.7.0_21+ as it is mentioned in doc id given above.

Please tell me what is correct way to execute above commands.

• 8. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25

In addition to making the html file change as I mentioned, you will need to change your code as follows:

WEBUTIL_HOST.NONBLOCKING('cmd.exe /c "DIR /b /a:-d /o:n c:\tmp > y:\import.txt"');

I have tested this with Forms 11.1.2.2 and JRE 7U51 and it works correctly.  As mentioned in the MOS notes referenced here and the Java release notes, what used to work on the command line may no longer work from within Java programs and Forms with careful quoting and escaping of various characters like \ / < >.

• 9. Re: WEBUTL_HOST is not working on java 1.7.25
    Vinit Newbie
    Hello,

Thanks Michael for your support, you solution was correct. Actually after patch 17448420 i have applied patch 16686443 but signing of frmwebutil.jar is not done correctly so webutil_host.nonblocking was not working. So i have signed frmwebutil.jar and restarted all services and checked and now it is working fine.

Thanks again.

Vinit

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points