3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2014 6:36 AM by 1010199 RSS

Screen Not Showing

1010199 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there,

I have a funny error involving one of my screens:

There is one screen not showing up during the interview, even if in the “Data” view it demonstrates that this question must be answered to infer a particular conclusion – but the interview just stops where it is and does not pose the question or go any further. However, if I put this screen above another screen in my interview doc, it will then show and infer a conclusion. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Heather

• 1. Re: Screen Not Showing
    Jasmine Lee Expert

Hi Heather,

Is there any visibility logic associated with the problem screen? By this I mean, are there any attributes (on the problem interview screen) which are conditionally display with visibility attributes?

Cheers,

Jasmine

• 2. Re: Screen Not Showing
    Jasmine Lee Expert

Hi All,

Just wanted to provide an update for anyone else following this thread...

Here’s a summary of what was happening:

• In the substantive rules, there was a text attribute in a conclusion column in Excel. It got set to uncertain. Because it was a text attribute (as opposed to a number attribute or some other type of attribute), it was the text string “uncertain” as opposed to the state of Uncertain.
    • There was a procedural rule which included that text attribute. A condition such as “the blah, blah, blah text attribute is certain” (i.e. using the Certain operator on the variable) was being satisfied because a text string of any value (including the letters u-n-c-e-r-t-a-i-n) is in the state of Certain.
    • This was confusing as it’s not that easy to tell the difference between a text attribute in the state of Uncertain vs a text attribute set to the text string “uncertain”. You can see the difference in the Value column of the Data tab in the Debugger though... If you know to look for it. :/
    • The solution was to change procedural rule condition to: the blah, blah, blah text attribute <> “uncertain”

Cheers,

Jasmine

• 3. Re: Screen Not Showing
    1010199 Newbie

Thanks Jasmine!! Extremely helpful!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points