1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2014 11:27 PM by terrencebarr Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
        terrencebarr

Hi Michael,

Correct, the EA #2 release supports Windows, RasPi, and Qualcomm IoE. Cortex-M platforms remain very important, we plan to get back to updating the support for that platform in the near future.

Best,

-- Terrence

• 16. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
          Michael Kroll

Hi Terrence,

this are good news :-)

I wanted to come over to Embedded World to discuss the new platform in person with oracle representatives, maybe you, but cannot make it this year. So I'm exicited to see what you will come up with in the near future.

Thanks for letting me know,

MIchael.

• 17. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
            terrencebarr

Too bad you can't make it to EW. I will be there, so if anyone on this forum wants to come over an chat or check out the demos, please do: Embedded World hall 5, Oracle booth (271)

Best,

-- Terrence

• 18. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
              Roy Emmerich

Hi Terrence,

Any idea when you guys will release support for the STM32F4 Discovery board?

Thanks

Roy

• 19. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
                terrencebarr

Hi Roy,

Due to Oracle policies I can't talk about specific releases before they have been publicly announced. I can say we are already working on one small Cortex-M platform and we're looking at several others from STM and other vendors.

Best,

-- Terrence

• 20. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
                  Roy Emmerich

Hi Terrence,

I fully understand. Can you at least give us an idea when we can expect any announcement regarding a Cortex-M related platform? Weeks/months? Apologies for being so pushy but I am developing a product based on the Cortex processor and am being squeezed for time regarding the programming language of choice. Being an experienced Java programmer and that this decision will have long term repercussions, it would be very nice to have some sort of indication regarding Java ME support for the ARM Cortex processor range. If I know the support isn't too far away I can start developing on my Raspberry Pi so long and then move it over to a Cortex board when support becomes available. If the support is still a year away I will be forced to look for another alternative.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Roy

• 21. Re: STM32F4DISCOVERY BOARD
                    terrencebarr

Roy,

Sure - I'd like to understand your project and use case better. Can you please contact me directly at terrence.barr /at/ oracle.com?

Thanks,

-- Terrence

1 2 Previous Next