5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 7:48 AM by William Phelps RSS

WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?

manjunath618883 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I have some questions regarding how the WCCREC(URM) adapter for UCM works? I have setup the WCCREC adapter for  UCM following the documentation.

The retention categories have been configured in URM and imported into UCM by following Records > Records Adapter >Synchronize All.

The file plan appear in UCM. This works fine.

I configured a disposition rule as follows:

Disposition Instructions

Folder

Reviewer

System

After Activated Wait For 0 Weeks Then Approve Deletion

Wait For 0 Weeks Then Delete Revision

Then Delete Revision Complete

Yes

I followed the support note https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=761471.1 Manually Test WCCREC Disposition Rules and Triggers Set On Retention Categories

The issues i see are:

1. I run the batch services in URM as mentioned in the above document (followed by the Synchronize All task in UCM), but this does not trigger any notifications. Only the night;y jobs triggers the notifications.
  2. Both URM and UCM send out "Pending Disposition Approval" notifications? Is this expected, which system should this be approved form UCM or URM?
  3. Which I access the link in the email "http://docsspapp1.vu.edu.au:16200/cs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_PENDING_EVENT_LIST_MINE&PageTitle=Pending%20Dispositions I dont see any items for approval.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a sample file plan that can be used as reference? Please clarify. I don't see any errors in the synchronization logs.

Thanks,

Manjunath

• 1. Re: WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?
    William Phelps Expert

1 - Have you actually "activated" the item, meaning is there a value in the field xRecordActivationDate?  Has that date passed?

2 - Yes, I think it's expected, and highly annoying.  You do all the approvals from the URM side.  URM is the policy server, so the approval should occur there.

3 - If you are not the owner of the category itself, you won't see anything in the "My Pending Dispositions" if the screen print above is accurate.  You'd have to "List All Pending" to see the entire list in this case.  Your user id must be included in the alias "RmaReviewers" in order to see the entire list.

• 2. Re: WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?
    manjunath618883 Newbie

Hi William,

Thanks for you reply.

1 - Have you actually "activated" the item, meaning is there a value in the field xRecordActivationDate?  Has that date passed?

Yes. The xRecordActivationDate is set.

2 - Yes, I think it's expected, and highly annoying.  You do all the approvals from the URM side.  URM is the policy server, so the approval should occur there.

Okay.

3 - If you are not the owner of the category itself, you won't see anything in the "My Pending Dispositions" if the screen print above is accurate.  You'd have to "List All Pending" to see the entire list in this case.  Your user id must be included in the alias "RmaReviewers" in order to see the entire list.

I don't see in either case, the user has been added to the RmaReviewes alias.

I am not able to understand what is wrong.

• 3. Re: WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?
    William Phelps Expert

If xRecordActivationDate has been set (and that date has passed), I have to ask the question - does the content item in question actually have a value in xCategoryID or xFolderID?

If there is a category or folder value on the item (and an activation date that has passed), there is a sequence of events that have to occur in order for the item in UCM to be available and viewable in URM under the adapter source.

• On the UCM side, under "Records Adapter", select "Synchronize"-->"All".
    • Once this is complete, on the URM side, under "Records", execute "Batch Services" --> "Run All".
    • Once this is complete, on the UCM side, under "Records Adapter", select "Synchronize"-->"All"

If everything is right, you should get something in the pending disposition list.

If not, there is the outside chance that the content item has a value in "dLastModifiedDate" that is older than the last time stamp of the synchronization process, which would cause the system to ignore it. Take a look at this Metalink note (WebCenter Content: Records Adapter Will Not Syncronize With WebCenter Content: Records (Doc ID 1487592.1)) and see if this fits your issue.

Otherwise, you probably have another bug.  By chance, how many content items are you trying to synchronize from UCM?  More than 100,000?

• 4. Re: WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?
    manjunath618883 Newbie

Hi William,

Thanks for you inputs.Over the weekend i created new categories with custom trigger (date field set upon check-in).

Computed Date

Disposition Instructions

Reviewer

System

2/14/14 12:00 AM

After TriggerDisposition Wait For 0 Day Then Delete Revision

2/14/14 12:00 AM

Then Delete Revision Complete

Yes

I noticed after the nightly jobs ran.The content items checked into URM directly are listed in the disposition list and they are deleted after approval.The content items in UCM are not in the disposition list for approval.

Also over the synchronization logs in UCM have failed with error 'Failed to find text '{ts' in its proper location.' for ContentUpload and ContentDates jobs. This appears to be know issue (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1550089.1).

Could this be causing the disposition not to trigger?

This is a dev environment, there are hardly few hundred content items.

Thanks,

Manjunath

• 5. Re: WCCREC adapter for  UCM questions?
    William Phelps Expert

I noticed after the nightly jobs ran.The content items checked into URM directly are listed in the disposition list and they are deleted after approval.The content items in UCM are not in the disposition list for approval.

Also over the synchronization logs in UCM have failed with error 'Failed to find text '{ts' in its proper location.' for ContentUpload and ContentDates jobs. This appears to be know issue (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1550089.1).

Could this be causing the disposition not to trigger?

Yes it could.  Apply the patch and retest.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points