Today Morning we faced ora00257 error while connecting the database. I need clarification for the below
1) i followd all the instructions in the link
2) It seems the issue is solved as i am able to login to database.
3) but i faced the issue ORA-16033: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 destination cannot be the same as parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1…
4) Due to the above error i am able to login the database as sys but not able startup the system.
5) I tried to set up the parameter value for LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 but i got error as LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 is not parsed.
6) Finally i used LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 and i removed LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 information from PFILE.
7) Now i am able to start up the database. i started the database with NOARCHIVELOG.
Please tell me by ALTER DATABASE NOARCHIVELOG and ALTER DATABASE OPEN , database is now opened. if we run huge transactions..does we face any issue as i already removed LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2.. Will i get ORA-00257 error? i think i wont because i removed ARCHIVE process itself.
Please give your suggestions.
( I am using oracle 11g)