1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 2:48 AM by BluShadow Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
        BluShadow

Dude! wrote:

?? wrote:

I want to order a compilation of all my posts here (willing to pay), as I want it handy and to reference it offline when there is no internet available.

By today's standard, without Internet you are a dead fish in the water anyway. What possible reason would there be to dump all the information?

I for one would not give my permission to allow people to push a simple button and dump everything I was ever posting to their hard drive. I think it opens all doors for data abuse or misuse. Many information is only available online and can only be partially copied, and there is good reason.

I wonder why Internet Explorer removed the option for storing a website offline.... I guess probably because a lot of the websites required databases or server side code that couldn't be copied, so it kind of became redundant, however they could have kept it for scraping the screens... oh well... could always write one in PL/SQL to obtain the HTML and follow links etc. 

• 16. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
          BluShadow

f55237a7-2c38-4db3-a7a3-1d77256f0730 wrote:

It is just simple dear

Internet sometimes slow. ISP and website sometimes fails, or perform maintenance.

All my post if downloaded will fin into 2-pages text file. and I can group it by topics or in any format I want it.

Helping people to learn fast and easy way that is why there is "IT" support, avoiding from redundant posting will maximize use of resources.

Thanks

Just go to your profile:

https://community.oracle.com/people/f55237a7-2c38-4db3-a7a3-1d77256f0730/content

where you can see all the posts you made and then you can copy whatever you want.

I don't think Oracle have the time or resources to be trying to extract your posts for you in a readable format.

• 17. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
            Nicolas.Gasparotto

This user is just a reincarnation of yxes2013 (explains her select statement) who has been warned, banned and so on several times last year.

Now we know firstname is Petra and according to the number of questions and possible abuse in all possible forums area of Oracle, she might be afraid not to be able to reconnect again and get the threads back.

Nicolas.

• 18. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

Yeah, I know that, it was suggested earlier

But my average  posts lenth is taking 5 pages and I have 100+ posts. imagine copying webpage  back n forth which is so messy.

Is there a txt file option to copy?

Or I am just thinking the forum will sell a compiled book for all the posts? I will be willing to buy.

Thanks

• 19. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

Ok fine, whatever

Are you sourgraping dear

• 20. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
                  Nicolas.Gasparotto

You are asking hundreds and hundreds of questions, and more than once in a thread because you are asking people to do your job. And so far you always found people willing to help you out, but it is dramatically reducing.

If you find something useful, keep it on the fly. Or forget it.

As I've seen and pointed to you several times anyway, you are posting this year the same question as last year...

Nicolas.

• 21. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

Well if I am posting similar questions, that is because the previous answer I got was not so good

Or I can not find my previous posts due to not so descriptive heading title, or

My memory is not too big to remember all my posts, or

The scenario I encountered has a little twist and need different answer

That is why if I have dump of all my post in txt file I can compile it so I wont need to make redundant questions.

Hth,

Thanks

• 22. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
                      Catch-22

There are no interface tricks and I doubt anyone has a program to do what you are asking for. If you check the forum software there is really not that much to discover and I'm pretty sure we are seeing the same thing. Meaning there simply is no dump or save as text option. Save as PDF might be your only option to save a complete thread with one click, but as far as I can tell the function is not working properly. So if you would like to suggest such an option, ok, but if you need a solution now, you obviously will either have to rely on access to the Internet or copy what you need by hand. Btw, we can continue this thread and I might collect a couple of hundred points.

• 23. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
                        jgarry

Dude! wrote:

?? wrote:

I want to order a compilation of all my posts here (willing to pay), as I want it handy and to reference it offline when there is no internet available.

By today's standard, without Internet you are a dead fish in the water anyway. What possible reason would there be to dump all the information?

I for one would not give my permission to allow people to push a simple button and dump everything I was ever posting to their hard drive. I think it opens all doors for data abuse or misuse. Many information is only available online and can only be partially copied, and there is good reason.

Agree with it about other people, but I too would like to be able to download all that I've posted.  With the internet, you never know when everything might mutate or disappear.  The size of the organization doesn't matter.  Copyright and ownership does.

I note that twitter, one of the apps where your content appears more ephemeral as it ages, now has a download all your content button.  An organization like Oracle that is pushing "Big Data" ought to be able to do that.

• 24. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

*** Btw, we can continue this thread and I might collect a couple of hundred points.

I really do love making people happy by giving points, a very small price to pay.  Because I appreciate people when they answer my posts which take effort(analysis) and time. These are the intangible benefits that are priceless , People talking to you when you are down or full with issues kinda uplift your spirit so much, and gives you the feeling that you are loved and not alone.

• 25. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

Thanks all,

What I think of is just simpe. Maybe they can provide the replicated table(read only) and allow as to select it using apex interface. Then it is very easy to extract what you need.

The people who will have granted access to the table can pay 5USD?

• 26. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
                              Hemant K Chitale

Given your other threads ... I really doubt that your definition of "simple" is the same as the well accepted meaning of "simple".

Hemant K Chitale

• 27. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation

Yeah I know, simple for one is not simple for others. Just like making a Doctor to tune an Oracle db and making a DBA to perform a surgery

• 28. Re: Order for My Forum Post Compilation
                                  Catch-22

I always suspected that there are people who assign points just to make people happy and keep responses coming. So the recent change to be able to assign up to 99 helpful answers probably works in your favor.

However, that's not what the point system is for, otherwise it would be called "thanks" or "keep posting". I like to receive points for helpful or correct answers and not just for responding. I think someone asking a question and receiving a good answer owes it to the community to let other people know what solved a problem to learn from. Sorry, I think you are misusing or even abusing the point system.