2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2014 12:37 AM by a96e3b0a-9827-45de-8d41-2a86763e6e23 RSS

EPM 11.1.2.1 FDM connectivity with Planning/Essbase Application

a96e3b0a-9827-45de-8d41-2a86763e6e23 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 server and I have installed EPMA, Planning, Essbase, Foundation service on just one server. I have to add FDM and I already installed and created FDM application using workbench. I can login through web or workbench. I have imported and registered ES11X-G4-H adapter. I have also added ESSBASEPATH system variable and added PATH variable as per the manual.

But when I go to Essbase adapter configuration and click on dimension; the target dimension always shows 'connection failed'. As per manual, it should show dimension member from Essbase application.

I have already added account and Entity dimension name and its alias from Essbase App.

The PATH is as below:-

e:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_32bit;e:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_32bit\bin;e:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_64bit;e:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_64bit\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseServer\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialManagement\Server;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialManagement\Client;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialManagement\Common;e:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin;e:\orant\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\ODBC-64\Merant\7.0\Drivers;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\SAP\bin;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\opmn\bin;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\opmn\lib;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\perl\bin;e:\orant\jdk\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\ohs\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\ohs\opmn\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\ohs\opmn\lib;e:\Oracle\Middleware\ohs\perl\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\ODBC-64\Merant\6.0\Drivers;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\eas\console\bin;e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\JRE\Sun\1.6.0\bin;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\bin-32;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin;E:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient-32\bin

Can someone pls suggest, what could have gone wrong.

Regards

Nitin

• 1. Re: EPM 11.1.2.1 FDM connectivity with Planning/Essbase Application
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE

What is the error in the admin log for the FDM application.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 2. Re: EPM 11.1.2.1 FDM connectivity with Planning/Essbase Application
    a96e3b0a-9827-45de-8d41-2a86763e6e23 Newbie

Hi John!

Admin log for the FDM application. Do you mean E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\fdqm folder?

If so, it has just one file taskmanager-install.txt and content is as below:-

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
    See the contents of the log file for the e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe assembly's progress.
    The file is located at E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\fdqm\taskmanager-install.log.
    Installing assembly 'e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe'.
    Affected parameters are:
       logtoconsole =
       assemblypath = e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe
       logfile = E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\fdqm\taskmanager-install.log
    Installing service HyS9FDMTaskManagerSrv...
    Service HyS9FDMTaskManagerSrv has been successfully installed.
    Creating EventLog source HyS9FDMTaskManagerSrv in log Application...

The Install phase completed successfully, and the Commit phase is beginning.
    See the contents of the log file for the e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe assembly's progress.
    The file is located at E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\fdqm\taskmanager-install.log.
    Committing assembly 'e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe'.
    Affected parameters are:
       logtoconsole =
       assemblypath = e:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\TaskManager\TaskManagerService.exe
       logfile = E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\fdqm\taskmanager-install.log

The Commit phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points