10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 11:19 AM by Philip Stoyanov-Oracle RSS

bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836

Hello,

I have a data modeler ( logical , relational and physical Oracle 11g) in datamodeler  Versión 4.0.0.833

I open this data modeler in  Versión 4.0.1-836 and tables heap become temporary goblal tables.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
          David Last-Oracle

Hi,

The DDL generated should be the same with version 4.0.1.836 as in 4.0.0.833.

Does the Table have Classification Type "Temporary" (on the Classification panel in the Relational Model Properties dialog for the Table)?

Was the Oracle 11g Physical Model open when you did the DDL generation?

You can set the Temporary property to NO in the Physical Model Properties dialog for the Table.

David

• 2. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836

Hello,

I have a model with several types of classification, to open the model with the V 833 does not respect the preferences, and where he was principal defined, temporary change (resulting in the global temporary table)

I tried to export and import in 833 in 836, and the problem is not resolved

Thanks

• 3. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
              David Last-Oracle

Hello,

A change was introduced in version 4.0.0.833, so that if a Table has a ("Base") Classification Type of "Temporary", then its Temporary property in the Physical Model is defaulted to "Temporary (Preserve Rows)", resulting in the GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE clause in the generated DDL.

(This change was introduced in response to earlier messages in this forum: BUG: global temporary tables DDL problem and Wrong DDL generation for temporary tables.)

This defaulting should only happen when a new Table is created, and it does not apply if the Table has an "Additional" Classification Type of "Temporary".

If you could provide more details on the circumstances in which this is causing you a problem, that would be helpful.

Are you experiencing the same behaviour with versions 4.0.0.833 and 4.0.1.836?

Thanks,

David

• 4. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836

Hello,

I have a datamodel in
                4.0.0.833 with several Classification Type, to open the datamodel with 4.0.1.836 does not respect the Classification Type ( in origin datamodeler has a classification type "Principal" with ID "5") , and datamodel result in 4.0.1.836 changes "Principal" by "Temporal" maintaining ID "5" (I can not even delete or update)
                I tried to export preferences from
                datamodel in 4.0.0.833 and import datamodel in 4.0.0.836, and the problem is not resolved

Due all tables to classification type "principal" in datamodel in 4.0.0.833 changed to "temporal" and become global temporary tables ( in physical model)

Thanks

• 5. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
                  David Last-Oracle

Thanks.

The ID of the classification type "Temporary" has been "5" for a long time.

(I presume that you are running Data Modeler with a non-English user interface, which has displayed "Temporary" as "Temporal".)

In the past it was possible to edit the name and properties of this Classification Type, but this is no longer allowed.

Is it possible that at some time you changed the name of the Classification Type "Temporary" to "Principal"?

David

• 6. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836

Hello,

Yes, in an earlier version modify
                    Classification Type . what solution exists for maintaining the Classification Type that already had existing?

• 7. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
                      Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

Data Modeler also uses predefined classification types. It's better for you to create new classification types instead of renaming existing ones.

For your problem - you can create new classification type and use "Set Classification Types" functionality to set it to tables - it's available in context menu for relational model in browser.

Philip

• 8. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836

THE problem is that I have 200 tables and 300 entities that Classification Type. Some automation?

• 9. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
                          David Last-Oracle

I suggest you use the "Set Classification Types" function mentioned by Philip.

This will show you all the Tables that have Classification Type "Temporary".  Move these to the dialog's "Selected Elements" panel and then use the dialog's "Classification Types" panel to associate these with your new Classification Type.

If you right click on the Logical Model in the Browser you will find similar "Set Classification Types" functionality for Entities.

David

• 10. Re: bug Physical model Oracle 11g --> datamodeler 4.0.1-836
                            Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

add this script for relational model run it and save design (or use save as) - it should do the job:

ct = model.getDesign().getDesignLevelSettings().getClassificationTypeByName("Your_New_Type");

if(ct!=null){

newId = ct.getTypeID();

tables = model.getTableSet().toArray();

for (var t = 0; t<tables.length;t++){

table = tables[t];

if(table.getTypeID()!=null && table.getTypeID().equals("5")){

table.setTypeID(newId);

table.setDirty(true);

}

}

entities = model.getDesign().getLogicalDesign().getEntitySet().toArray();

for (var t = 0; t<entities.length;t++){

entity = entities[t];

if(entity.getTypeID()!=null && entity.getTypeID().equals("5")){

entity.setTypeID(newId);

entity.setDirty(true);

}

}

}