7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 8:39 AM by 3a473b44-9cd5-4464-b36e-1edf9b5c2943 RSS

ORA-01403: no data found

3a473b44-9cd5-4464-b36e-1edf9b5c2943

Hello,

I'm discovering APEX and I have a problem.

I've declared a page :

select art_id, PIL_NB_POA, apex_item.hidden(99,poc_id) || APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(2,PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,DECODE(PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,1,'CHECKED',NULL)) PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT, APEX_ITEM.TEXTAREA(3,PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES,2,70) PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES from from TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey

I see my data, but when I want to update the table with the checkbox and the text area, i have an error ORA-01403

I have a process :

BEGIN

FOR i in 1..APEX_APPLICATION.G_F41.COUNT

LOOP

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F02(i) where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F99(i);

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F03 where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F99(i);

END LOOP;

COMMIT;

END;

If i only keep the text area it works, maybe I don't use the checkbox properly.

• 1. Re: ORA-01403: no data found
          Denes Kubicek

Are you sure your checkbox has the id 44? Use firebug to make sure this is the case. See this posting:

Denes Kubicek ApEx BLOG: How to Debug Ajax and On Demand Processes

Denes Kubicek

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2. Re: ORA-01403: no data found
            Nicolette

Are you sure this code works when you're only updating the text area.

Because there doesn't exists an apex_application.g_f99.

The apex_application.g_fNN range from apex_application.g_f01 till apex_application.g_f50.

Which item reference to apex_application.g_f41. The item is mentioned in the update code but not in your sql code.

For checkboxes only the checked values are saved in the array.

For example if you have 3 rows where the checkboxes have the following values

row 1 10

row 2 20

row 3 30

Now if you check row 1 and 3

The first element of the corresponding array has the value 10 and the second the value 30.

All the other items have all the rows in the g_FNN array. So assuming that apex_application.g_f41 isn't a checkbox.

And the checkbox is apex_application.g_f02 with the values and rows checked as in the previous example.

The first row will get updated with PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 10.

The second row will get updated with PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 30.

When updating the third row you get a NO DATA FOUND error because apex_application.g_f02(3) doesn't exists.

Could to tell what you're trying to do?

For example what should happen when the checkbox is checked.

And what should happen when it isn't checked.

Please explain with before values, the rows that are checked and the after update values.

Nicolette

• 3. Re: ORA-01403: no data found

I've made à mistake,

In the page , i've got :

select art_id, PIL_NB_POA, apex_item.hidden(1,poc_id) || APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(2,PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,DECODE(PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,1,'CHECKED',NULL)) PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT, APEX_ITEM.TEXTAREA(3,PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES,2,70) PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES from from TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey

the code is :

BEGIN

FOR i in 1..APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01.COUNT

LOOP

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F02(i) where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01(i);

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F03 where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01(i);

END LOOP;

COMMIT;

END;

• 4. Re: ORA-01403: no data found
                Nicolette

3a473b44-9cd5-4464-b36e-1edf9b5c2943 wrote:

I've made à mistake,

In the page , i've got :

select art_id, PIL_NB_POA, apex_item.hidden(1,poc_id) || APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(2,PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,DECODE(PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,1,'CHECKED',NULL)) PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT, APEX_ITEM.TEXTAREA(3,PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES,2,70) PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES from from TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey

the code is :

BEGIN

FOR i in 1..APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01.COUNT

LOOP

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F02(i) where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01(i);

UPDATE TEPOA_PILOTAGE@dkey set PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F03 where POC_ID = APEX_APPLICATION.G_F01(i);

END LOOP;

COMMIT;

END;

Wel that answers my first two remarks.

But do you understand the following?

For checkboxes only the checked values are saved in the array.

For example if you have 3 rows where the checkboxes have the following values

row 1 10

row 2 20

row 3 30

Now if you check row 1 and 3

The first element of the corresponding array has the value 10 and the second the value 30.

All the other items have all the rows in the g_FNN array. So assuming that apex_application.g_f41 isn't a checkbox.

And the checkbox is apex_application.g_f02 with the values and rows checked as in the previous example.

The first row will get updated with PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 10.

The second row will get updated with PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 30.

When updating the third row you get a NO DATA FOUND error because apex_application.g_f02(3) doesn't exists

Please tell us what you're trying to do.

What should happen when the checkbox is checked?

And what should happen when it isn't checked?

Please explain with the values before the update, the rows that are checked and the values after the update.

Nicolette

• 5. Re: ORA-01403: no data found

In my tab, i've got multiples lines.

art_id        /     pil_nb_poa       /      pil_co_critique      /      pil_lb_comments

art_id and pil_nb_poa are numbers , pil_co_critique is linked to my checkbox (if pil_co_critique = 1, then the checkbox is checked, else the checkbox is unchecked) pil_lb_comments is a string

Then in my tab, when I submit my update, i want to update in my database the fiels PIL_CO_CRITIQUE of the table TEPOA_PILOTAGE (in this table, I have the field ART_ID, PIL_NB_POA, PIL_CO_CRITIQUE, PIL_LB_COMMENTS, POC_ID).

If  the checkbox is checked, then PIL_CO_CRITIQUE = 1 else PIL_CO_CRITIQUE = 0

For example, I have 3 lines in my tabs

art_id     /    pil_nb_poa     / pil_co_critique                          / pil_lb_comments              /  POC_id (hidden field apex_item.hidden(1,poc_id))

1          /          5              /   0 (checkbox unchecked)         / 'test'                                /   1

2          /          10            /   1 (checkbox checked)             / 'test 2'                             /   2

3          /          10            /   0 (checkbox unchecked)         / 'test 3'                             /   3

If I uncheck line 2 and i check line 3,

art_id     /    pil_nb_poa     / pil_co_critique                          / pil_lb_comments              /  POC_id (hidden field apex_item.hidden(1,poc_id))

1          /          5              /   0 (checkbox unchecked)         / 'test'                                /   1

2          /          10            /   0 (checkbox unchecked)         / 'test 2'                             /   2

3          /          10            /   1 (checkbox checked)            / 'test 3'                             /   3

I want to update my database with this new value

• 6. Re: ORA-01403: no data found
                    Nicolette

Change the select statement to:

select art_id
                    ,      PIL_NB_POA
                    ,      apex_item.hidden(1,poc_id)
                           || APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(2,poc_id,DECODE(PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,1,'CHECKED',NULL)) PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT
                    ,      APEX_ITEM.TEXTAREA(3,PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES,2,70) PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES
                    from TEPOA_PILOTAGE

Notice the change in APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(2,poc_id,DECODE(PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT,1,'CHECKED',NULL)).

This means that the id gets stored in apex_application.g_f02 if the row is checked.

And for the process

declare
                      v_found  boolean;
                    begin
                      for n in 1..apex_application.g_f01.count
                      loop
                        v_found := false;
                        /*Now check if the id of the current row is checked*/
                        for k in 1..apex_application.g_f02.count
                        loop
                          if apex_application.g_f01(n) = apex_application.g_f02(k)
                          then
                            /*The current row is checked*/
                            v_found := true;
                            update TEPOA_PILOTAGE
                            set PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 1
                            ,   PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES    = apex_application.g_f03(n)
                            where POC_ID = apex_application.g_f01(n)
                            ;
                            /*Exit the apex_application.g_f02 loop because a row can only be checked once*/
                            exit;
                          else
                            /*This id of the checked row is not the current one just keep on checking*/
                            null;
                          end if;   
                        end loop;
                        if not v_found
                        then
                          /*The current row wasn't found in apex_application.g_f02 meaning the row wasn't checked*/
                          update TEPOA_PILOTAGE
                          set PIL_CO_CRITIQUE_CLIENT = 0
                          ,   PIL_LB_COMMENTAIRES    = apex_application.g_f03(n)
                          where POC_ID = apex_application.g_f01(n)
                          ;
                        end if;
                      end loop;
                    end;

As you see in the code, with the checkbox you need to use a second loop inside the main loop to see if the row processed by the main loop is checked or not.

To make that comparison possible the value of the checkbox needs to be unique in every row and available in another item.

The id or primary key is ideal to use as value for the checkbox.

Notice that in this example there is no check done for "lost update", actual change made by the user or the record being locked by another user.

Nicolette

• 7. Re: ORA-01403: no data found

Thank you very much, it works.