12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 4:01 PM by Kosta-Oracle RSS

OEPE causes Eclipse Kepler to start with wrong workspace, overrides Eclipse's workspace configuration

ToddBradley404

I'm a new OEPE user, and found that after installing it, Eclipse (Kepler) now starts up with the wrong workspace every time. I have to explicitly do File > Switch Workspace... to get Eclipse to restart with the correct workspace. Also, the workspace I want to use is the only one listed in the Workspaces preferences panel (Window > Preferences > General > Startup and Shutdown > Workspaces). So I can't figure out why Eclipse is using the wrong workspace, and why it's even finding this wrong one.

I found that many other users of OEPE with Kepler are having this same problem:

Eclipse Community Forums: Eclipse Platform » Kepler: On start up, I no longer get prompted for workspace locat…

And this sounds curiously like this old problem reported right here on the OTN Community site:

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2191740

Any suggestions for how to get around this? I assume this is a bug, but don't know the correct process for reporting OEPE bugs.