4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2014 12:27 PM by Hypfm RSS

unable to see one of the version in a planning application

Hypfm

Hi,

I have couple of database cubes in Essbase and among those database cube's  i can see only 3 versions but where I can see 4 version's in remaining database cube's.Please give me suggestions on how i could find whether I should right a script or what?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: unable to see one of the version in a planning application

Your question is not clear. What do you mean by Versions ? Are you referring to Application/Databases !!

• 2. Re: unable to see one of the version in a planning application
            Hypfm

In my Essbase studio I have 4 database cubes and I have different planning applications.In these 4 cubes one cube which is a reporting database cube does not synchronizing with the metadata like version hierarchy is not matching with the other App's.I used to export the metadata to one of the application by executing one batch file using all the metadata csv file's.So I want to analyse the reporting app using Smartview.but I could not see one of the member of version dim member where I could see for planning application.So where I should add that missing membe[In csv file or I should run any script] to see in the SV.

Thanks..

• 3. Re: unable to see one of the version in a planning application
              Sh!va

Did you run Refresh from planning...it will synchronize the metadata at essbase end with respect to planning??

It can be done by GUI (login to planning  admin --> Application --> Refresh) or by script as well (refreshcube or cuberefresh. sh(bat)) but need to provide parameters before running it.

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 4. Re: unable to see one of the version in a planning application
                Hypfm

Actually I am pulling the metadata from one of the CSV File  where I  am importing the metadata in to my application for which application doesn't synchronize the metadata with other application's.So Do I need to add the missing metadata member's in that CSV File or what I should do.but this CSV File doesn't have the missing dimension member actually what i am looking for So I need to add the missing member or can I get that member by running the scripts.

Thanks....