I can tell you this about metropolitan or extended cluster:
- Oracle RAC database is one database, there is likeliness that despite the extended architecture a failure might affect both sides at the same time
- Consequently, Oracle does not certify Oracle RAC on Stretched Cluster configurations
- Oracle Extended RAC architecture fits best where the two datacenters are located relatively close (<50km max <100km)
- Distances > 10km require Dark Fiber (DWDM or CWM).
- Its recommended to use a third site to keep a third voting disk.
Now with this introduction, probably you can accomplish a metropolitan cluster configuration, but is more expensive and you have to use more resources.
If you are going to use Oracle database I recommend you to use Linux instead of Windows, on the other hand if you need to do a fail over its probable better to use a DRP site using Dataguard or Storage replication.
Check this document:
If you tell me what is your requirement, it could be more useful
Thank you for your reply.
My requirements were defined in my question - Failover Clustering (Windows Server 2008 R2) + Cluster Extension P6000 (HP EVA disk array).
We are using this environment to accomplish HA/DR requirements for Oracle single instance configuration nowadays (Generic Service cluster resource type for Oracle database)
My question is, if it is possible to incorporate Oracle Fail Safe product into this configuration?
Thank you in advance,