5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2014 6:30 AM by AnnPricks E RSS

All Data into One column

Moazam Shareef

Dear Guys,

I'm working on time attendance system were i have to send weekly and month report to each employee, I have a non database column in forms where i want to fetch all the data based on the below query.

SELECT  DISTINCT EMP_INFO.EMPID||'|'||EMP_INFO.EMP_NAME||'|'||QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.COMPANYNAME||'|'||
                                  QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.DEPARTNAME||'|'||
                                  MIN(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME)||'|'||MAX(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME)
                                  FROM QRYENTIREEVENTLIST,EMP_INFO WHERE EMPID=QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.PERSONID
                                  AND QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTDATE BETWEEN :CTRL.FROM_DATE AND :CTRL.TO_DATE AND PERSONID=:CTRL.EMPID
                                  AND EMP_INFO.FSOCCP='No'
                                  GROUP BY EMPID,EMP_NAME,COMPANYNAME,DEPARTNAME,CARDEVENTDATE,
                                  REPORTING_MNGR,MNGR_EMAIL,EMP_EMAIL,ADMIN_MNGR_NAME,ADMIN_MNGR_MAIL ORDER BY PERSONID;

how can i put the above query in a cursor and put all the bulk data into one column which has varchar2(4000) datatype, i'm using oracle 10g.

Regards

• 1. Re: All Data into One column
          Hoek

Your question isn't entirely clear to me.

Can you post a small, illustrative example/testcase?

How to is explained here: Re: 2. How do I ask a question on the forums?

If you need to aggregate data into one column, then these techniques might help you:

ORACLE-BASE - String Aggregation Techniques

• 2. Re: All Data into One column
            AnnPricks E

Something like this?

SELECT LISTAGG(str_val,',') WITHIN GROUP(ORDER BY personid) all_one_column

FROM

(SELECT  EMP_INFO.EMPID||'|'||EMP_INFO.EMP_NAME||'|'||QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.COMPANYNAME||'|'|| 

MIN(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME)||'|'||MAX(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME) str_val

AND QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTDATE BETWEEN :CTRL.FROM_DATE AND :CTRL.TO_DATE AND PERSONID=:CTRL.EMPID 

AND EMP_INFO.FSOCCP='No' 

REPORTING_MNGR,MNGR_EMAIL,EMP_EMAIL,ADMIN_MNGR_NAME,ADMIN_MNGR_MAIL);

• 3. Re: All Data into One column
              SKP

Example:

DECLARE

CURSOR C1 IS

SELECT emp.ename||emp.deptno||dept.deptno  str_agg FROM emp,dept WHERE emp.deptno=dept.deptno;

TYPE C1_TYPE IS TABLE OF C1%ROWTYPE;

REC C1_TYPE;

BEGIN

OPEN c1;

loop

FETCH C1 BULK COLLECT INTO REC1 LIMIT 10;

FORALL I IN 1 .. REC1.COUNT

process(  REC(I));

COMMIT;

EXIT   WHEN C1%NOTFOUND;

END LOOP;

END;

• 4. Re: All Data into One column
                Moazam Shareef

Thanks for your replies.

LISTAGG will not support version 10g.

• 5. Re: All Data into One column
                  AnnPricks E

Then use XMLAGG

SELECT SUBSTR(XMLAGG(XMLELEMNT(e,','||str_val).EXTRACT('//text()') ORDER BY personid),2) all_one_column

FROM

(SELECT  EMP_INFO.EMPID||'|'||EMP_INFO.EMP_NAME||'|'||QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.COMPANYNAME||'|'|| 

MIN(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME)||'|'||MAX(QRYENTIREEVENTLIST.CARDEVENTTIME) str_val

AND EMP_INFO.FSOCCP='No' 

REPORTING_MNGR,MNGR_EMAIL,EMP_EMAIL,ADMIN_MNGR_NAME,ADMIN_MNGR_MAIL);